Chapter 27

"I'm willing to show you my face, Leo." Mysterion reaches for his mask, but Leo stops him.

"Don't."

"Why not?"

"At least until I'm away from JNPR, I don't want to put you in danger by knowing who you are..."

Leo meant what he said but he also felt guilty. He didn't want to know who Mysterion was if Mysterion didn't know he was chaos.

"Okay, if you think that's best, then we can wait." Mysterion kisses Leo's forehead.

"Thanks for offering though... It means the world to me that you trust me enough..." Leo smiles sweetly at him.

"Dammit Leo. I fell for you so hard..." Mysterion hugs Leo tightly, blurring his face into Leo's shoulder.

Leo slowly pets the back of Mysterion's head, "Hehe... Me too."

-

Mysterion walks Leo to the front of his building, "Are you good to go from here?"

"Yeah. Thank you for tonight... Can we kiss? Just one more time?"

Mysterion smiles, "Always."

After a deep kiss, Mysterion disappears into the night. Leo starts heading inside.

Mysterion jumps from roof to roof, he is on a time limit, and he needs to get to the balcony before Leo gets to the top of the elevator.

He leaps inside and ducks into his room just in time for Leo to open the front door.

"Kenny? I'm back. Are you asleep?"

Kenny uses both his hands to cover his mouth and hide his breathing. When he hears Leo enter his own room he relaxes and catches his breath. Then he just sits on his bed and smiles, he was happy for the first time in a long time.

-

Kenny goes out to his part-time job early in the morning, leaving Leo by himself. Leo gets a text from his boss.

Boss: Emergency mission. We need you down here ASAP

Chaos: Again?

Boss: Come.

Leo sighs and gets ready to meet with his boss

-

"You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes, have a seat."

Chaos sits down.

"We have a big plan for tonight. We need you to cause a big diversion."

"What am I causing diversion from?"

"We are going to take down someone's residence, but they have a lot of security in the area. We need you to draw out all the police and Mysterion. Can you do that?"

"I can. Why are you destroying someone's home?"

"One of our employees is having a bit of a hard time remembering our rules, we just wish to make an example out of them. Nothing too big."

"Okay. Where do I need to be?"

"The abandoned factory."

"What time?"

"10 pm."

"Understood."

-

Leo pulls out his phone as soon as he gets home and gets changed. He texts Mysterion.

Leo: Mysterion! Something big is going down tonight, they have a ton of JNPR agents planning an attack or something. Chaos will be out as well. I think they said something about the abandoned factory sometime around 10 pm.

Mysterion: Are you sure? Do you have any more details?

Leo knew he wouldn't be able to reveal much more without sounding suspicious.

Leo: No, sorry that's all...

Mysterion: Okay, stay inside tonight, I'll take care of it.

Leo: Okay... Please be careful...

Mysterion: I will.

Leo sighs and puts down his phone, he knew tonight was going to be exhausting.