Chapter 25: Home

Natsu was soaring through the air like a dragon in flight toward Jellal after being thrown by Yu moments earlier.

Natsu: "You'll never be free as long as you're controlled by that spirit! Why're you letting him manipulate you?! You can do it Jellal! Free yourself!!!!!"

With that, Natsu landed one final punch on Jellal, sending him flying downwards with so much force that explosions occurred throughout the entire tower. Jellal was knocked out into a large crater, his emblem signifying him as a member of the Ten Wizard Saints landed on a rock near him. Natsu landed down next to Yu, both of them having their back turned toward Erza.

Erza: (So this is the power that was hidden within those two... Their true form... of a DragonSlayer and the raft of the Blue Emperor.)

The two turned and smiled at Erza, who smiled back at the two of them. Soon after, Yu felt weak and 12 of his royal arm around him disappeared, as he stumbled slightly, while Natsu fell over completely, the scales that formed on his body slowly vanishing away. Yu caught Natsu before he fell over, gently laying him down on the ground. Erza then ran over to check on the two of them.

Yu: "You did well."

Erza: "Natsu! Yu!"

Yu: "Erza... we did it. You don't have to cry anymore..."

Erza said nothing and picked up Natsu to squeeze both him and Yu in a deep hug.

Erza: "Thank you... both of you... You two did so well, and you finally found your inner strength..."

The ground started to shake again, and an Eerie blue glow came from the floor.

Yu: "What?!"

Erza: "The Etherion in the Ethernano is starting to become unstable, it's going to explode! We have to get out of here!"

Erza then picked up Natsu, as Yu pick up his ring necklace on the ground and only had enough energy to run right now. Erza looked back at Simon's body, which was slowly slipping away into the depths of the tower. Erza then turned her head back around as she and Yu began to run.

Yu: (Rest in Peace... Simon.)

As the two continued to run, small rocks of Ethernano fell from above, and more and more rays of Etherion shot out of the ground. Suddenly, a ray of Etherion shot out of the ground, causing Yu and Erza to jump out of the way, then, a second one suddenly appeared and grazed, Yu Erza narrowly dodged it, but fell to the ground with Natsu. Then, what appeared to be some form of liquid surrounded the three.

Erza: "The lacrima can't contain this much energy. It's starting to transform... I can't even begin to imagine how destructive its power must be. I doubt that we would be able to survive even if we escaped the tower. No... it's over..."

Erza punched the ground in anger. She then looked over at Natsu, who was unconscious, and Yu, who was down and having trouble getting up. Erza then found a new resolve and got back up to her feet.

Yu: "Er...za?"

Erza: "I can't give up yet. The two of you worked hard to save me, now it's my turn to return the favor."

Yu: "What do you mean?!"

Erza then remembered something from earlier and then spoke again.

Erza: "I'm... going to fuse myself with the Ethernano to stop the explosion."

Yu: "What?! No way! I'm not letting that happen! It's going to kill you!"

Erza then approached the transforming Ethernano, and she was slowly absorbed into it. Yu used every last reserve of his strength to try to get up. As he did so, he heard Erza grunt slightly in pain. Realizing that the Ethernano had accepted her, Yu rushed to get up faster, and Natsu started to awaken slightly as well.