Chapter 37: Zero

Hoteye (Telepathy Magic): "We did fight, but unfortunately, I was unable to defeat him. It seems my magic was not enough to triumph over his. Do not concern yourselves with my rescue and focus on finding a way to defeat Midnight. If you defeat him, Nirvana's source of magic power will run dry and it will stop working."

Natsu: "Are we supposed to know this guy?"

Gray: "So we can stop this thing without having to destroy it?"

Happy: "Uhhhh."

Hoteye: "He is directly below you, near the Royal Throne! His power is unlike any other, you must be careful!"

Jura: "The same to you Richard!"

Lucy: "What are we waiting for then?"

Yu: "This just got a whole lot easier for us."

Natsu: "I'm all fired up now! I'm coming for you sleepyhead!"

Happy: "Come on, you can think of a better nickname than that!"

Natsu: "Okay, then how about Sir Snoresalot?"

Yu: "Not the time for this you two!"

Hoteye: "Only one of the Six Prayers remains on the battlefield! Every ounce of my trust and confidence goes to all of you my comrades. Defeat Midnight, and stop Nirvana once and for all, oh yeah! I wish you the best of luck, my dear comrades...urgh."

Jura: "Richard!"

Yu: "No time to waste then, let's head down to welcome him!"

Natsu was first to start heading downward and everyone followed close behind. They approached the bottom and saw that the exit was closed.

Gray: "He's right through there, let's go!"

Natsu: "Ready or not, here we come sleepyhead!"

Natsu then leaped and kicked at the door twice before using his hands to pull the doors open. A flash of light came through the crack and the door, surprising everyone.

Jura: "No! Everyone, get down now!"

A large explosion enveloped the area of the Royal Throne, and the aftermath revealed that everyone except for Jura was under a pile of rubble.

Natsu: "Hey, is everyone alright?"

Gray: "Could you keep it down? I'm trying to sleep."

Happy: "Aye..."

Lucy: "I can't believe we fell for that so easily. We're members of Fairy Tail for crying out loud!"

Lucy tried to get up to her feet but she bumped her head on what appeared to be rubble.

Lucy: "Hey guys? I think we got buried in the rubble."

Yu: "If that's the case, where's Jura?"

Natsu suddenly got up and broke open a hole in the rubble, which revealed itself to be a large dome of earth that Jura created to protect everyone. Everyone broke through the earthen dome and saw the condition that Jura was in. Jura was panting heavily and suffered extreme injuries from the large explosion.

Yu: "JURA!!"

Lucy: "He risked his life to protect us!"

The earth that Jura used to cover the entrance from the explosion then faded away, and Jura seemed to be on the verge of passing out. Ty quickly leaped out of the hole and went to catch Jura as he fell backward.

Yu: "Jura! You have to hang in there!"

Jura: "The strength and spirit you possess... your Guild is a lucky one."