Chapter 26: Defeat Your Friends, To Save Your Friends

Yu: "Natsu are you over 80?!"

Natsu: "DO I LOOK LIKE I'M OVER 80?!"

The enchantment then started to change.

Makarov: "Look, the runes on the enchantment are changing. 'Battle of Fairy Tail Status Report: Jet vs Droy vs, Alzack'."

Yu: "Why would they even be fighting in the first place?"

Makarov: "Is this some kind of joke?!"

Moments later the enchantment changed again.

Makarov: " 'Winner: Alzack. Jet and Droy KOed' "

Yu: "No...NO!"

Yu started to cute at the enchantments in an attempt to break them, but to no avail.

Makarov: "Yu! Cutting at the enchantment won't do anything!"

Yu: "But we can't just stand here and let Laxus just have his way!"

The enchantments then started to change at a rapid pace, showing what appeared to be the current fights going on in the city.

Yu: "Master, what does it say now?"

Makarov: " 'Current number of fighters, 90. Matches: Wakaba vs Macao, Nab vs Vijeeter...'."

Makarov continued reading through the matches, revealing that even Laki was fighting and that Alzack was going on a rampage through the city, taking down everyone who has to face him in a match.

Natsu: "This sucks... I wanna be out there fighting too!"

Yu: "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

Makarov then extended his hand and hit Natsu on the head.

Makarov: "Why would you want to fight anyone in the guild?"

Natsu: "Because it's a tournament to see who is the strongest."

Yu: "This isn't a tournament."

Makarov: "This is bad though. If everyone keeps going about freeing everyone like this then the girls are as good as finished."

Natsu: "Ah, come on! I know Laxus can be a pain sometimes, but he won't go as far as destroying the statues, he's just bluffing."

Natsu then ran up to the enchantment wall and started to push on it.

Natsu: "Come on! There's a fighting festival out there and I can't even go be part of it!"

Happy: "Too bad for you, I can pass through easily!"

The enchantment then changed again.

Happy: "Time left, two hours and eighteen minutes. Several participants:42..."

Yu: "Seriously? In that short amount of time?! Wait, is the enchantment changing again?"

Happy: "Elfman vs Evergreen, the winner is Evergreen, Elfman KOed. Gray vs Bickslow, in progress."

Natsu: "What? Now it says Gray is fighting Bickslow?!"

Yu: "What happened? I thought Elfman would have been able to take down Evergreen."

Happy: "Not only that, but it says that Freed is fighting Reedus. The Thunder Legion is making their move."

Eventually, the Enchantment changed again.

Happy: "It says that Reedus was beaten by Freed."

Yu: "How are we gonna get help from Porylusica now?"

Natsu: "We don't need her help cause Laxus is just bluffing!"

Laxus: "Just bluffing huh?"

Laxus suddenly appeared in the Guild Hall and the four people still in the Guild Hall turned to face him.