Chapter 52: Code ETD

In an unknown area in the Royal Castle, the Captains of the Royal Army (Excluding Erza Knightwalker), Byro, and Coco were having a meeting with King Faust.

Byro: "Kekeke, it's as the legends foretold. We've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the magic power the Earthland Wizards possess come from within their bodies."

Sugarboy: "Mmmm, very much like the Exceeds in that manner."

Byro: "Careful not to inflate their abilities. The Exceeds are far more powerful."

Coco: "Hold on, you mean even that Lucy girl is like that? She has magic power inside her?"

Byro: "That's correct Coco."

Hughes: "Then, we gotta like, keep her alive right Old Man?"

Faust: "She must be terminated. Exceed Queen Chagot has given explicit orders, any further discussion of this would be a waste of time and breath."

Edolas Yū: "The Queen herself ordered it?"

Sugarboy: "Mmm, then there's nothing to be done."

Hughes: "Man, but this is like, such a humongous waste you know?"

Edo Yu: "then get help."

Hughes: "why you—"

Faust: "Enough of your bickering you two!"

Hughes and Edolas Yu: "We're very sorry my lord!"

Byro: "Regardless, the technology we possess is lacking at the moment. We have not yet been able to perform a magical extraction from a human body."

Pantherlily: "So then, what shall we do with the two DragonSlayers sir?"

Byro: "The two of them aren't necessarily Human. They have a sort of Human amalgam. Successful experiments with them could lead us to have everlasting power."

Hughes: "Haha! Now that's cool!"

Coco: "Yeah, totally cool!"

Faust: "Very well Byro, you should have much work to do."

Byro: "Yes, my lord."

Faust: "And as a precautionary measure, begin extracting the energy from the Earthland Lacrima immediately."

Byro: "Right away my lord."

Byro, Coco, and the Royal Army Captains began to leave the meeting room, talking about what they could do with unlimited Magical Power. Pantherlily remained in the room with the King, his arms crossed.

Faust: "Is there something troubling you Pantherlily?"

Pantherlily: "Sir, if I may ask about this recent surge in our armaments."

Faust simply glared at Pantherlily, making his position clear.

Pantherlily: "I see, please excuse my rudeness."

He then got up and left the room as well.

Meanwhile...

Lucy was still sitting in her cell as she pondered everything that happened,

Lucy: "It's hard to believe it all... Happy and Carla are creatures known as Exceeds, and they're kinda like angels in this world. They're above humans. That means their Queen is like a God. She has absolute control over everything, and nobody questions her word. She even has say over who lives or dies in Edolas. Someone with that much power... the whole thing is crazy! How could anyone choose to live like this?"