Chapter 7 Jason and Jack

Jack was laying on his side looking at the wall when Jason walked in.  The boy turned to face his father and said "Hey dad."

"Hey."  He did not bother to ask him if he was okay. It was pretty apparent that the toe headed fifteen year old was far okay. He had that carrying the weight of the world look on his face again.  "What's wrong?" Jason said as Jack sat up.  He then sat next to him.

"Tommy." Jack said.

"What did he do now?"

"He told his mom that I bullied him and is now trying to get all my friends to turn on me." Jack told him. "Daniel's mom has told him we can't be friends."

"I'm sorry." He said with a frustrated sigh. I should have seen this coming. I should have realized that she would not be content with just getting him expelled from school. "I'll talk to Daniel's mom. Explain to her your side of the story."

"You can try but I doubt she will listen to you." Jack said. "Tommy's and Daniel's moms are best friends so Daniel's mom is going to believe everything she says."

Tommy's mom sounds a lot like Tina. "Well I will give it a try anyway." Jason said. "And if I can't get her to listen to me I will find someone who she will listen to."

"Thanks."

"Do you know if she called anyone else?" Jason asked.

"No." He shrugged. "If she has no one has called or texted me about it."  Jack then coughed. "I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy's mother tries to turn the entire school against me."

Jason gave him an awkward look.

"What?"

"She's trying to get you expelled."

His heart sunk into his chest. "What?"

"Mrs. Starnes called me last night and told me that Tommy's mom accused you of bullying Tommy at the party and online." Jason told him. "She is trying to get you expelled."

"She doesn't believe her does she?" Jack said as his face fell. "She can't believe her, she has to know I would never do anything like that. I don't want to be expelled dad please don't let them kick me out of my school."

"No one is kicking you out Jack." He said grabbed his son and held him close to him. Jason chided himself for telling him this. He should have kept it to himself instead of giving the poor kid something else to be upset about. "Mrs. Starnes knows you Jack." He held him tightly.  "He knows what type of person you are and that you would never hurt anyone."

"Does she?"

"Of course she does." Jason said with emotional in his voice. "You have nothing to worry about I promise."

Jack's stomach then let out a loud grumble that caused the two to laugh.

"Let's go have breakfast." Jason said as  the two stood up.  He then rubbed his back as they walked out.

"Why does stuff like this keeps happening to me?" Jack asked. "Its like there is some cosmic conspiracy out there that wants me to suffer."  Reminds me of the story about the villian Charon who saw a couple get married in Las Vegas and for the heck of it decided to find a new to torment them on their anniversary every year.

"There is no cosmic conspiracy."

"Are you sure?" Jack asked. "Because no matter what happens life just does not seem to get better for me. Its like every day something new happens to torment me."

Jason stopped and turned him to face him. He then put his hands on his shoulders. "But things are getting better for you Jack." He said. "We moved here where you don't have to worry about being beaten or mistreated, your mom's family has changed their opinion of you, you've met Dylan, are friends with Heather and Thea, you have two hyper dogs that adore you."