Chapter 29

Jeremiah had managed to get off the kitchen floor and made his way to the table where he collapsed again. He was not making it out of the kitchen anytime soon.

He grabbed his phone and scrolled down his contacts until he stopped at the name that he was looking for.  He stared at the contact for a moments debating if he really wanted to call. If he wanted to put himself through the pain and agony of speaking to this person.

He almost hit the home key to exit out of his contacts but his stomach growled compelling to hit call.

The phone rang twice and then an angry voice said "What do you want Jeremiah?'

Jeremiah took in a deep breath as contempt and disdain filled him. "Theresa I need help." He said in a pitiful voice.

"Well they say that the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem." Theresa snarkily said.

"That is not what I meant."

"Pity." Theresa said. "I was hoping that this was a turning point for you. That this was the start of you becoming a actual human being." She then sighed. "I guess that was too much to hope for."

"Theresa I'm starving."

"Than order yourself something to eat." She said.

"I don't have any money you brainless..." He clasped his hand over his mouth stopping himself from completing the sentence. "Sorry I shouldn't have said that." Jeremiah said in the most sincerely apologetic tone he could muster. "Believe me I didn't mean that it was just the hunger talking."

"You must have been hungry a lot during our marriage." She said. "Because you called me brainless, dumb, and stupid quite a few times."

"Yeah but only behind your back." Jeremiah said. "Never to your face."

"No just to the woman you were cheating on me with." Theresa said with pain in her voice. "While I was home with taking care of children, making sure that you had a clean house to come to you were running around with your whoeres insulting me."

Jeremiah let out a hard groan. "Theresa I don't have time for this. I'm starving do you understand me. I need money so I can get some food." His body trembled with fury as he said. "Now are you going to help me or not?"

"Not."

"I'm sorry.'

"I said not." She replied. "N.O.T."

"I know how its spelled." He gritted his teeth."Theresa please you have to help me." He whined.

"No, I don't." Theresa snickered. "I don't have to do anything Jeremiah."

"You are a heartless witch you know that." Jeremiah snapped.

"And you are a lying, manipulating piece of crap." Therea said. "I can't believe that you have the audacity to come crying to me for help after everything you put me through. Just who do you think you are?"

"The man who took care of your lazy ass for fourteen years." Jeremiah said. "The man who gave up his life because you were stupid enough to get yourself pregnant."

"You know what you're right I was stupid." Theresa said. "Stupid to fall in love with a toxic narcissist like you. I was blind too. Stupid and blind not to see you for what you truly you were. A lying, whoremongering snake."

His stomach rumbled again. "Theresa."

"No." She yelled making him pull the phone away from his ear. "I don't want to hear anymore." She hissed. "You need money, you need food. Call one of your harlots and beg them for help."

"Maybe I will do just that." Jeremiah said. "Because I'm sure they will be a lot more helpful than the harlot I'm talking to right now."

"Drop dead Jeremiah." Theresa said and then the call disconnected.

"Theresa!" He let out an expletive as he pounded his fist into the table  He hit her name to call her back. He was not going to give up that easily. His  face twisted in anger as he said "She blocked me."

Jeremiah dropped a loud F bomb as he wondered who he was going to call now.

Zach....

Zach had spent the day running errands with his grandfather and helping his grandmother around the house while planning the video he wanted to make in his head.  Anticaption had filled him as he waited for the opportunity to make the video and post it to his parent's account.

If he actually worked up the nerve to do it.

He had admit the idea of reaching out to his parents terrified him as much as it excited him. He had questioned if he really wanted to do this. These people had abandoned him, turned their back on him. Was he a fool to think they would want to hear from him. That they would even care about him?

The five years of silence from his mom and ten years of silence from his dad seem to indicate they don't.

They will probably block me he thought.

A couple of times he had given up on the idea. But that only lasted a few minutes as the urge to reach out to them overrode the fear and anxiety he was feeling.

No I have do it. I will never forgive myself I didn't Zach thought.

He hit record on his camera and picked up his guitar. His mouth went dry as he began to strum the guitar. He opened his mouth to belt out the first words of the song when over the intercom he heard "Zach come downstairs please."

Zach let out a profanity. One that he was grateful did not go over the intercoms. He sat the guitar down and walked over to the intercom on the wall.

He then went down to the kitchen and saw the look in his grandparents eyes.

They know he thought.

Damn you Jack you told them he thought in frustration.  Knifed in the back by yet another cousin.

Maybe I'll just stay in Florida with my other grandparents.

"Have a seat honey." Cathy said she patted the between his grandparents.

Zach sighed in resignation as he dropped into the seat between them. "I guess you know."

"Yes honey." Cathy said. "Your Uncle Jason just called us."

Anger rose inside of him. Thanks a lot Jack. I'm so done with you.

"I guess I can forget about doing the video."

"The exact opposite." Anthony said. "We think you should do it."

His jaw dropped. "Really."

"Yes." Cathy said.

"I love you guys so much."

"Well I hope you would still love us even if we said if you couldn't."

"I would." Zach said. "I just wouldn't like you."

Like right now how I don't like Jack thought as anger stirred inside him.