Chapter 24 John and Jack

John was laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling when Jack walked into the room. He sat up disturbing Trixie who had been rolled up in a ball beside him.

"What's up?" John asked.

"Heather texted me." Jack said as he sat down at the desk. "She and Thea are going to go to Joe's house of Joe tonight and want to know if we come."

"I would love to but I doubt dad will let me since I am grounded." John replied. I probably won't be doing much of anything for the next couple of days.

"I'll still ask dad." Jack said. "He might let you go."

"I doubt it." John said. "He was pretty steamed at me."

Jack shrugged as he type the text. "I'll ask anyway."

"Just make sure its you asking not me." John said. "I've already been enough trouble today."

"I will." Jack then sent the text and then typed this is me asking not John and sent it as well.

John then noticed that happy was not with him. "Where's Happy?"

"In the kitchen getting something to drink." Jack said. "I'm going to take him for a walk in a few minutes. Do you want me to take her too?"

"No, I'll take her." I need to get out of this room he thought. Even if its just to walk the dog.  I've been stuck in here for two hours and I'm about to go insane.  "You want to go for a walk." He said excitedly to Trixie who wiggled her body in response.

John then picked up her and the two walked out. "Have you spoken with Zach today?" John asked with concern in his voice.

"I texted him a couple of times today." Jack said.

"How is he doing?" John asked.

"He says he is fine." Jack told him.  "According to grandma he's spent all day in his room playing guitar."

They then walked into the kitchen and Happy came running over to them.

"Zach plays guitar I didn't know that."  He walked over to the counter, opened a drawer on the far end and pulled out two leashes.

"Yeah he's pretty good." Jack said as he took a leash and clipped it onto Happy's collar. "He's a good singer too."

"Cool." John said clipping the leash onto Trixie's collar and then set her on the floor. "I can't sing to save my life."

Jack then laughed. "Neither can I." They walked out of the kitchen. "You know who also has a really good voice?"

"Who?" John said.

They walked out of the apartment and Jack locked the door. "Elizabeth."

"Really." John said a bit shocked.

"Yeah." Jack said. "She used to sing for the school choir but then she entered ninth grade and decided that she was too cool for it."

"How about Nicole?"

"She's not bad." Jack pressed the down button. "She's not as good as Zach or Elizabeth but she is definitely better than me." Not that is a big feat. Probably most of the world is better than me.

The elevator arrived and the two stepped on.  "Wait a minute I thought you said you were in glee club."

"Drama club." Jack said. "I'm in drama club. You don't have to know how to sing to be drama club."

John nodded his head.

The elevator then stopped and to their surprise the blonde bicyclist from earlier stepped on. An annoyed look crossed her face as she said "You live here."

"Yes we do." Jack said.

"No wonder the elevator smells like pee." The woman muttered.

"The elevator doesn't smell like pee." John said as he looked at her if she was insane.

"And even if it did its not because of our dogs." Jack said defensively. "We would never let the dogs pee in the elevator."

"You might not but I am sure that father of yours would." She said.

"No, he wouldn't." Jack argued.

"Yes he would."

"You probably wouldn't but your father would." She said with a look of disgust. "He would let them pee in the elevator and not clean it up." Shr shook her head. "Inconsiderate jerk. Shouldn't even be allowed to own a dog."

"Our dad is not an inconsiderate jerk." John said giving her a dirty look.

"Could have fooled me." The elevator than stopped much to their relief and the door opened. "And tell your father he better stop following me or I will be calling the police."

"He's not following you." Jack said but his words fell on deaf ears.

The two walked off the elevator and watched her walk into the aboretum. "She is nuts." John said.

"Yes she is."

"Speaking of dad did he ever respond?" John asked.

Jack pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at it. "No."

"That's odd." John said.

"Yes it is." Jack sent his father another text asking if he was okay.

After being finger printed Jason was taken to a cell that was occupied by five rather large, unpleasant looking men who sneered at him as he walked in. He avoided his piercing gazes as he sat on a bunch away from them.

Get here quickly Turner he thought.

One of the burly men then got up and walked over to him. Jason tried to show no signs of intimidation as he said "Hey."

"Hey." The man said as he sat next to him. One of the other men than sat on the other side of him. "So what are you in for?"

"I beat the crap out a guy who sexually assaulted my nephew and attempted to kill my son." He then showed him his bruised and swollen right hand.

"Good for you." The man said.

"They shouldn't have arrested you." The other man said. "They should have given you a medal."

"I agree." Jason said.

The two then got up and walked back to their friends who they told why he had been arrested. The other three gave him looks of approval.

Jason then closed his eyes as wished he had gotten a few more shots in before the guards came in.