Chapter 34 The Third

Jason had taken the dogs out at nine o'clock for their last walk of the night. The boys wanted to but he thought it was best if they stay in the apartment. After all Jack was supposed to be under severe punishment and John was on his way back to Virginia.

Even though he doubted that Tommy or his mom would see them he did not want to take that risk and have the plan spoiled.

No can't allow that to happen he thought. I need his mother to see him for the little creep that he is and stop this witch hunt against Jack.

And then put all this nastiness behind him.

He had just walked into the lobby when his phone rang. To his surprise it was Charlene's daughter Ellen. "Hey Ellen is everything okay?'

"Yes everything is okay." Ellen replied. "I was just calling to say." She then became emotional. "To say thank you."

"Thank you?" Jason said confused as the two dogs looked up at him wondering why he stopped walking. "Thank you for what?"

"Thank you for getting my story told." Ellen said gushing with gratitude. "For being my voice."  She then sniffed. "Thanks to you I can finally talk about what happened to me, I don't have to live in fear of him doing it again every time I go to a family party."

"It was really your mother..."

"My mother wanted to keep what happened to me a secret." She said. "She was too afraid about what other people would think if they knew what happened, too concerned about the embarrasment it would cause the family if people learned the truth, more worried about looking like a bad mother in front of her society friends. If it wasn't for you she would never had said anything." Ellen sniffed back her tears. "So thank you Uncle Jason."

"You're welcome."

"You know I use to think you were such a wimp because how you let Aunt Cynthia push you around."

"I was a wimp." Jason said. I was spineless, sniveling doormat
incapable of standing up for myself.

"Well you are not anymore in my eyes  Uncle Jason." She said. "You are a lot stronger than I gave you credit."

"I appreciate that." Jason said. He thought how was just glad that it all finally came out. That her, Zach, and Jack will no longer have to live with these secrets.

"I better go." Ellen said. "See you later."

"See you." He said and the call disconnected.

He hung up and put the phone in his pocket. He then walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. As he walked he thought how he glad that Spencer was finally getting what he deserved.

Jason returned to the apartment and took the dogs to the boys' room where the two were sitting on the floor playing game. Happy and Trixie rushed over to them and crawled on their laps and laid down.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me." He told them and they both said okay not taking their eyes off the screen. He was about to leave when he looked into their bathroom. A look of displeasure crossed his face.

Towels and underwear were strewn across the bathroom floor. Wash cloths were on the counter and globs of toothpaste were adorning the sink.

"Boys." He coughed.

"Yes dad." They said in unison as they continued to focus on their game.

"Hit pause please." Jack hit pause and the two looked at him. He was tempted to have them join in him at the door but did not want to disturb Trixie and Happy. "I want this bathroom cleaned up before you go to bed."