Chapter 11 Shaun and Jeremuah

Shaun and Spencer

Shaun was quieter than usual as he made his rounds that morning. He did not look any of his fellow prisoners in the eye as he brought their food into their cells. They said hi to him but he did not reply all he wanted to do was give them their food, take the cart back to the kitchen, and then return to his cell and hide from the world.

Shaun soon found himself standing outside of Spencer's cell. Once again he could feel his warm breath on his skin, his hands touching him, his body pressing itself against his. His chest began to tighten and he found it difficult to breath.

"Shaun." A guard named Bellows roughly said. "What are you waiting for an engraved invitation?"

"Could you take the food in Mister Bellows?" He asked.

"What?" Bellows said incredulously.

"Could you take his food in." He said in a pleading tone.

"Stop fooling around and get in there before I put my foot up your ass boy." Bellows said.

"Please don't make me go in there sir." Shaun said trembling with fear. "Don't make go in there." He said as he began to paw at Bellows.

"Stop it." Bellows said as he gave him a hard slap across the face. Shaun held the side of his face as he looked at the floor. "I don't know what has gotten into you Shaun and I don't care but if you don't get your head on straight and start acting right I am going to crack your head open you hear me." He then pulled his night stick out of the holster and held it up.

"Yes sir." He said and then pushed the cart into the cell.

Spencer stood against the wall leering at him. "Good morning sunshine." Shaun did not respond he just looked at the cart. "I missed you last night." He said as he drew closer to him.

"I wasn't feeling well." Shaun said.

"That's what Hanson told me." He then touched the side of Shaun's face making his skin crawl. "I'm glad that you are feeling better." He then rubbed the side of his face. Shaun closed his hands as his face twisted in disgust. "Let's see what you brought me." He picked the cover up revealing a plate of bread. A look of disappointment crossed his face. He then looked at Bellows and said "Could you give us a moment."

"You have two minutes." Bellows said and then walked out.

Spencer shook his head. "You disappoint me, Shaun." He said which sent a

cold shiver up his spine. "I told you to get me something other than bread and water."

"I'm sorry." Shaun said as tears ran down his cheeks. "Hanson was watching me like a hawk, I could not sneak any food onto your tray."

"I don't want to hear your excuses little boy." Spencer said. "I told you to do something and you let me down." He snarled as he spoke to him. "You let me down and now you have to pay the price."

Shaun then gulped hard.

Spenser grabbed his hand and then led him over to the bed where he sat down and put him over his lap. "Maybe a spanking will give you a little more motivation to be an obedient little boy Jack."

Who is Jack he thought right before the first hard smack was brought down upon his backside. Shaun let out a cry of pain.

Anthony and Jeremiah

Jeremiah awoke around eight o'clock feeling like he was near death. HIs skull was pounding, his stomach ached, and every joint in his body felt as if it was on fire. He had stumbled into the bathroom ready to empty the colntents of his stomach into the porcelian throne only to be caught in a series of dry heaves. He laid on the floor for about a half hour too weak to move praying that if death was coming that it would come quickly and end his misery.