Chapter 42 Shaun

Bridgerton Prison....

Maxwell Murphy's eyes lit up with defiance as Kaminski walked into the interrogation room.  He could not help but to think how different the two brothers were. Shaun was thd obedient good little boy who always did what he was told while Maxwell was the fighter who always who was almost incapable of doing what he was told to do.

How did two vastly different brothers come from the same he mused as he sat down.

"I guess you heard that Spencer Harrison is dead." Kaminski said.

"Yes." He nodded. "Good news travels fast."

"Yes it does." Kaminski said. He had to admit that he was not sorry that Spencer was now in the morgue. The creep got his just deserts. 

"What will happen to Keegan?" Maxwell said.

"He's in a solitaire right now." Kaminski told him. "But he will transferred to supermax in a couple days and where he will probably spend the rest of his life."

"He should be given a medal for what he did not charged with murder." Maxwell said.

"Murder is murder Max." Kaminski said. "Even if the victim is a disgusting piece of trash."

"He's not a victim." Maxwell said with emotion in his voice.  "Shaun is the victim, he was a predator.."

"Keegan turned Spencer into a victim." Kaminski said in a neutral tone. "And whoever hired him to kill Spencer."

"How do you know anyone hired him?" Maxwell asked. "Maybe he was just doing the a world a service by making sure that there was one less rapist pedophile in it."

"No we are pretty certain he was hired by someone." Kaminski said. "Someone who had a very good reason to see him dead."

"I'm sure that there are several people who had very good reasons to want him dead."

"I'm sure there are plenty." Kaminski agreed.  "But we believe the person responsible was you." He said. "Or your brother Conrad."

"What is Keegan saying?" Maxwell asked.

"Nothing." Kaminski said. "He is not saying a word about who hired him or even if he was hired."

"Then I got nothing to say either." Maxwell said. "Except it wasn't Shaun. He had nothing to do with it."

"I know."

"Good." Maxwell then relaxed. "May I see my brother."

"I'm sorry you can't." Kaminski said.

"Please." Maxwell pleaded. "All I ask is five minutes to see if he is okay." He thought how his brother was probably scared to death right now. He needed him to tell him that everything was going to be okay.

"You can't see him because he is no longer here." Kaminski told him. "He was transferred out a couple of hours ago."

"What?" Maxwell said shocked. "Where? How?"

"I will get to that but I still have one question." Kaminski said.

"What?"

"The blade." Kaminski said. "Where did your brother get it?"

"I don't know." Maxwell said.

"Come on Maxwell you know."

Maxwell sighed in resignation. "Fine it was me." Maxwell said. "I stole a fork from the kitchen and made a shiv from it."

"Did anyone help you."

"No it was all me." Maxwell lied.

Satisfied Kaminski said "You understand you will spend a month in solitaire for giving your brother the blade."

"Fine. I don't care just tell me where my brother is." Kaminski pulled a white piece of paper from his pocket and slid it to him. "What's this?"

"Your brother's address." Kaminski said.

He unfolded it and looked at it. Surprise jumped from his face. "Is this for real?"

"Yes it is."

"How?" Maxwell asked floored.

"Does it matter?"

"I guess not." He folded the paper and put it in his pocket. "Is he going to be okay?"

"I don't know." Kaminski said. "But he is safe and that is all that matters.

"I guess so." He then let out a breath of relief. He's safe now from Spencer, from the Swedes, the guards who bullied him, and from me and Conrad he thought. And that is all that is important.

Kaminski stood and then walked around the table. "Get up."

Maxwell stood up and Kaminski led him out. "What about Hogan?" He asked. "Is he going to pay for what he did to my brother?"

"Mister Hogan has been let go and is being charged as an accessory to rape." Kaminski said.

"Good."

They then soon walked to the solitaire wing and Kaminski opened a cell door. Which happened to be the one Shaun was locked in. "Go in."

Maxwell stepped in and then turned to face him. "Could you tell whoever helped my brother I said thanks."

"I will." Kaminski then closed the door.

Maxwell sat against the wall. As he sat staring at the other wall he thought stay safe little brother.

Creed Mental Health Facility Bel Air, Maryland Shaun...

Shaun awoke and his eyes fell upon an unfamiliar woman as she looked out the window of the room he was in. "Who are you?" He said.

The woman turned to him and smiled gently. "Hello Shaun." She walked over to him. "My name is Wendy Harrison."

Shaun sat up in his hospital bed as he said "You're Spencer's mom."

"Yes."

"Sorry about attacking your son."

She shook her head. "I'm the one who is sorry. I'm sorry for the horrible things that my son did to you, for what he put you through."

"It just wasn't your son."

"I know." Wendy said. "My husband told me all the you endured." Tears filled her eyes as she looked at him. She grabbed his hand. "I just want to assure you that you are going to be safe now Shaun. You are going to get the help that you need, and you are going to be okay."

"Okay." Shaun shook his head. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She said. "Why don't you lay back down and get some rest."

"Okay."

A quizzical look crossed his face. "How long am I going to be here?"

"For awhile." Wendy answered.

"Am I going back to prison?" Shaun asked.

"We'll see." Wendy said. "But for right now all you need to worry about is getting better."

"Okay."

"Sam and I will come see you in a couple of days." Wendy said.

"Okay."

She touched his hand once again and then walked out. Shaun settled in his bed as a new sensation grew inside of him. One that he was not familiar with.

Hope.