Chapter 41 Prison Blues

Bridgerton Prison Shaun...

After meeting with Sam Harrison Shaun was returned to solitaire confinement where he balled up in the corner as he pondered his fate.  He was going to be in solitaire for at least three  months he was sure of it. Maybe even longer if Spencer dies.

Yes Harrison claimed that he was going to help him but he doubted that was true. He's had plenty of people who had promised to help him only to be let down by them time and time again.

I'm not getting my hopes up he thought. I've made that mistake one too many times.

He resigned himself to the fact that he was not only going to be in solitaire but in prison for a very long time.

Shaun felt the darkness of the cell slowly wrap itself around him as he fell asleep. His prayer was his dreams would take him far away from this place.

Maybe they will take me so far away I will never come back.

Jeremiah and Cynthia....

"One thousand dollars." Jeremiah whistled. "That's a lot of money."

"Thank you colonel obvious."

"Captain." Jeremiah said.

"What?"

"The expression is Captain obvious."

"Who cares." Cynthia frustrated. "The point is I need money for bail."

"Then I would suggest calling a bail bondsman."

"I did call a bail bondsman you moron." She shouted into phone causing him to pull the reciever from his ear.

"I hope you were nicer to them than you are being to me." Jeremiah said flatly.

"Yes I was because they aren't idiots." She said.

"Have you ever heard the phrase you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

"Why in the world would I want to catch flies?" She said incredulously. He is just as much of an idiot as Jason is.

"It means..."

"I don't care what it means just listen you dimwit."

"You know I'm really getting tired of you insulting me Cynthia." He bristled. "I'm not Jason. I'm not going to just stand here and let you insult me and then obey your commands with my tail tucked between my legs like a good dog."

"Jeremiah..." She said attempting to interrupt him only for him to continue.

"I would never allow the worthless pig I'm married to to insult me like this and I certainly won't allow you."  He gripped the phone reciever tightly in his hand prepared to slam it down at any moment.  "So if you want my help you better change your tune you understand me."

"Yes." She said in a forced humble tone.  "I'm sorry I spoke to you like that. I'm just under a lot of stress right now."

"Aren't we all." Jeremiah said as his body continued to tense with frustration.

"Yes we are." Cynthia said. "Look the bondsman is willing to pay my bail but before they will I have to put up ten percent of the bond."

"Ten thousand dollars." Jeremiah said.

"Yes." Cynthia said. "I need you to pay them the ten thousand dollars for me."

Jeremiah laughed scornfully. "And how praytell do you expect me to do that?" He asked. "I don't have enough money for food let alone pay ten thousand dollars to your bailbondsman."  He then said "You really need to be calling your parents."