Chapter 16 Siblings

Zeke's parents had often warned him about demons and them possession people. And even though he believed in God, Satan, angels, and even demons he had put much stock in it. He thought that a lot of what people claimed was possession by an evil entity was just mental illness.

But as he stood there the object of  his sister's soul chilling glare he was not so sure.

"What!" She angrily said while her nostrils flared like a bull ready to charge.

"I'm your brother." John said not showing any signs of intimidation. Though he was quaking a bit inside.1

"No you're not." Elizabeth said. She looked as if she was about to pounce on him any moment and claw his eyes out.

"Elizabeth." Jason said as he walked up the driveway. This was not how I wanted to do this.

"Daddy who is this freak?" She snarled.

"Freak." John scoffed. "If you want to see a freak take a look in the mirror."

She took a menacing step forward only for the boy to grab her. "No, no." He said as he pulled her back.. "Don't."

Brave man he thought.

"Get off me." She broke free and then looked at her father. "Who is this?" She asked pointing her finger at John. "And why is he saying that he is my brother?"

"Because he is." He then looked at John. "Come here John."

"John?" The six foot one blonde haired teenager said. "Wait. His name is John too?"

"What do you mean John too?" She asked.

"Your other brother's name is John."

"No you idiot his name is Jack." She sneered.

"Jack is a nickname for John dingus." John said

Jason squeezed his shoulders and said "Stop." John looked at his father and then back at his sister.

"Speaking of Jack." He said as Jack meekly joined them. An action which surprised both Jason and John. "Hey Jack." He stuck his fist out.

"Hey Gabe." Jack fist bumped him.

"Don't be nice to him." She then slapped his arm.

Gabe Roland then said. "I'll be nice to whoever I want to be nice too. And don't him me."

She gave him a nasty look and then said "What is going on?'

"As I said this is  your brother John."

"How is that possible?"

"Well you see when a mommy and a daddy really love each other..."

"John." Jason said exasperated as he facepalmed.

"I like him." Gabe chuckled.

"I like you too." John's eyes narrowed. "Your taste in women not so much."

That was when John recieved a hard slap across his buttocks causing him to yelp. Gabe and Jack winced while Elizabeth smiled in delight.

"That's enough John." His eyes silently asked him if he wanted another.

"Yes dad." John sobered up quickly.

"Where did he come from?"

A wicked smile crossed John's face as another sarcastic remark wanted to escape from his mouth.

Gabe shook his head. "Quit while you're ahead dude." He said knowing exactly what he wanted to say.

"Virginia." John answered. "I'm from Virginia."