Chapter 33 8:00

"So let me get this straight." Tommy's father said as he spoke with Tommy's mother on the phone. "He went to Jo's coffee for an iced coffee and before he could step  into the building Jack just chases after him with no provocation."

"Yes." Tommy's mother gritted her teeth. "I told you that boy is menace." Tommy's mother said angrily. "I'm calling the police and having him arrested."

"Please don't do that."

"Excuse me?" The seething woman said.

"Please don't call the police."

"I'm sorry did you miss the part where I told you that he chased our son." She said. "Where he had to hide behind a dumpster in an alley from him that maniac."

"No, I didn't." He said.

"Then why praytell don't you want me calling the police?"

"Let me speak to his father first."

"His father."  She smirked. "Like he is going to do anything."

"I assure you that he will." He said.

"And how can you be so sure?"

"Because I work with people who are friends with Jason Winters." He said. "From what they tell me he is very strict on Jack."

"Obviously not strict enough."

"Believe me he is plenty strict with that boy." He said. "According to my coworkers a little too strict at times. And if Tommy is telling the truth..."

"What do you mean if Tommy is telling the truth?" She screamed into his ear. "Of course Tommy is telling the truth. He would never lie, especially not to me."

He rolled his eyes. Sure he wouldn't he thought as he could not believe how naive his ex was being. But that is to be expected. Mother's always want to believe the best about their sons.

"I'm not saying he is lying."

"Sound like you are."

"Well I'm not." He said flatly. "I'm just giving Jack the benefit of the doubt."

"The only person you should be giving a benefit of the doubt is your son.' She said sharply. "That little reprobate does not deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt.  All he deserves is to spend the next five years locked in a prison cell."

"You are overreacting."

"And you are under reacting."

He then let out a hard sigh. "I just don't want to do anything rash so please don't call the police until I speak with his father."

"Fine speak with his father." She spat. "But do you really think he will do anything about Jack's behavior."

"Yes I do." He replied. "As I said Jason is very strict with him. And if Jack is guilty of the things that Tommy has accused him of then Jason will punish him quite severally."  He cringed as he thought of the punishment that Jason will mete out upon him. "Just ask Tommy and he will tell you of the spankings his father has given him."

"Spankings." She said in disgust. "How barbaric. No wonder that boy is so screwed up."

"Just let me talk to his father."

"Fine you can talk to his father." She blew air between her teeth. "But you tell Jason Winters this. I want Jack withdrawn from the school, him and his brother John severally punished for their treatment of Tommy, and a public apology from Jack for the terrible lies that he spread about him or I will be going to the police and I will not rest until Jack is arrested."

"I will talk to him."

"You better."

"May I speak with Tommy?"

"No." She said. "Tommy is in his room lying down right now and I don't want him bothered."

"Fine I will see you both tomorrow." He said.

"See you." She said. "And you better be more supportive of your son or there will be hell to pay."

"I'm sure there will be." He said and then hung. He then looked at a piece of paper that had Jason's number on it. He dialed the number and it rang twice. "Jason." He said uncomfortably. "This is Tommy's dad." He shuffled his feet as he contemplated what he was going to say. "We need to talk."

A few minutes later Jack and John walked into the apartment. The excitedly  dogs rushed over to greet them. Jack was one big smile as he picked Happy and let him lick his face.

"Thank you for calling me." Jason said and then hung up. "Jack come over here."

A concerned Jack walked over to him. "Is everything okay?"

"No Jack." He said. "Everything is not okay."

At eight thirty John sent a text to his Thea. "My dad is going crazy."

"What's wrong?"

"He's upset with Jack for chasing after Tommy." John told her. "He's spanking him right now and it's really intense."

"Oh no." Thea texted. "Poor Jack."

"And that is not all."

"He's getting rid of Happy and sending him away to a boarding school in North Dakota."

"What!!! That's crazy."

"I know."

"Jack does not deserve this."

"No he doesn't." He texted. "I called my mom and asked her to come get me. I don't want anything to do with my dad after this."

"I don't blame you." Thea said. "I can't believe he is doing this to Jack."

"I know."

"I thought my mom was the worst but my dad is."

"Yes he is."

"They're coming." He said. "I better go."

"Okay."

"I'm so sorry that you and Jack are going through."

"Thanks." John said. "I'll text you when I get home."

"Stay safe."

"I'll try."

Tommy was one big grin as he looked at the messages. Serves him right he thought. Thea then texted Heather informing her what was going on.

The door to his room opened and Tommy hid his phone. "Is everything okay honey?"

"Yes mom." A wicked grin crossed his face. "Everything is more than okay."

At the apartment Jack looked up from the phone and said "Do you think he will fall for it?"

"Yes I do." Jason said. He then rubbed Jack's head hoping this will all be over soon.