Chapter 44 Secret Exposed

It was after nine o'clock when Turner Kirk arrived at Jason's apartment. During his trip back from Pennsylvania where he had met with Lauren's brother he had debated if he should tell him tonight or wait until tomorrow.  A part felt he deserved to know as soon as a possible but another part felt guilty delivering news that he knew was going to be devastating.

He went back and forth the entire time not even sure when he pulled into the parking garage of his apartment.  He sat in his car for another fifteen minutes where his internal arguement continued.

No I have to tell him now Turner thought. This can't wait until morning.

This is going to kill him he thought as he was soon as his door. He knocked on the door and heard the puppies bark and  Jack's voice say "I'll get it." Turner heard his footsteps make their way to the door.

"Hey Mister Turner." Jack said.

"Hi Jack."

"Dad Mister Turner is here." Jack shouted.

"Turner." Jason said with a smile as he entered the living room from his hallway.

"Hi Jason." He said awkwardly. "Sorry disturbing you."

"Its okay I was just looking at some emails." Jason said. "Why don't you go rejoin the others." He said to Jack. He thought how the kids and the pups were all in Jack's room playing video games until his mom came to pick up Zach and Nicole.

"Okay." Jack said. "Nice seeing you Mister Turner."

"Nice seeing you too Jack." Such a sweet,  polite kid he thought.

"Let's go talk in my mancave." Jason said.

"Mancave?" Turner said as he followed.  He stepped in and looked around in amazement. "Wow." He said. "This is awesome."

"It isn't it." Jason said as he walked to the bar.

"Yes it is." Turner said. "You think Vickie will let me have one of these."

"Maybe." Jason said. "You want a drink?"

"I'll take a beer."

"One beer." He opened a small fridge that sat behind the bar grabbing a bottle of beer. He then opened it and poured it in a glass. "Here you go."

"You know I think you missed your calling." He picked up the glass. "You would have made a good bar tender."

"Very funny." Jason opened a second bottle and poured himself a glass.

"You might want something a little stronger."

"That bad." Jason said as he placed the bottle on the bar.

"I'm afraid so." Turner said and then told him about his meeting with Lauren's brother.

Two hours ago...

"I've been waiting twelve years to tell this story." The angry man said as he placed two cups of coffee on the table.
"Twelve years to finally tell someone what a horrible human being my sister is."

"Well I'm hear and I'm listening." Turner said. "So what happened."

"As you know that sixteen years ago my parent's perfect little angel went to a high school reunion and got herself knocked up by a married man." Randall Richards said.

"I imagine they were not too happy about that."

"They were livid." He said. "I had never seen them so upset with her. Their perfect little girl was not as perfect as they believed." He said as he stirred his coffee. He then let the spoon rest in the cup. "Little did they know just how much of a sordid individual she truly was." He took the spoon out and said "Nor did I. Not until one night three years later when she had too much to drink she and confessed the real reason she never told Jason."