Chapter 45 Anger fueled

Jason...

They wouldn't do that echoed through Jason's mind as he drove to the Harrison's home in Bel Air. That was Jack's response when he told him that his grandparent's had been paying Lauren to keep John away from him.

And he was not the only one who refused to believe it. Nicole too thought that Randall's story was proposterous, that he had lied to Turner to hurt John's mom.

John said nothing but he could that the boy believed the story. He told him in private that he would not put it past his mom to do such a thing.

Cathy did not believe though. She said that they  they were good people who would never do such an awful thing. She reminded him of all they had done for him. How they supported and encouraged him in his leaving Cynthia.

Questioned if that sounded like the actions of people who would keep your son from you.

Yes, it did. It sounded like the actions of two people trying to soothe their guilty conscience he thought as he pulled into their driveway.

He could hear his mother's voice in his head encouraging him to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm done with this family. 

I'm done with their mind games, with their manipulations, with their abuse.

Jason slammed his car door as he got out.

I wish I had never married into this vile family Jason thought.  I should have just kept walking the day that saw I Cynthia in the campus bookstore and spared myself seventeen years of pain and grief.

If I could go back in time to stop myself from asking her out I would.

I wish I had transferred to UCLA and pursued a relationship with Kelly. It might not worked out but at least I would not have wound up with Cynthia.

And maybe I would found someone who would have gone to the reunion with me that way I would not have fallen prey to Lauren.

And I would have avoided all of this. An abusive marriage, having my daughters turned on me, watching my son being abused and my other son kept from me.

I would not be in so much pain right now.  Not just emotional pain but physical as well.  He put his hand on his belly as he felt az burning sensation in the pit of his stomach. 

He hit the door bell and then leaned against the wall letting out a burp. He could not believe how nauseous he felt at the moment. 

Stay strong he told himself. Just get through and get yourself some pepto when you're done.

The door opened and the butler said "Mister Winters."  He looked surprised at his presence.

"Where are they." Jason said as pushed through.

"In the library." The butler said.

"Thank you."

"Mister Winters wait." The butler called out but Jason ignored him. Determination filled him as marched down the hall. He was not going to be stopped. He was going to have it out with three people once and for all.

John...

John sat in the living room studying for his English literature exam.  One of the Fast and the Furious movies played on television while the three puppies were fast asleep on dog beds.

John closed the thick literature book unable to concentrate. His mind kept going to what his father told him. His mother had been paid a lot of money to keep him away from his father all these years.