Chapter 10

The seconds slowly ticked by as John looked at his father trying to summon the strength to tell him what happened to him.  But he found that he could not.  He did not know why he could get the words out. He wanted to tell him.  He had a right to know about the switchings he endured but he could not tell him.

"John is everything okay?" Jason asked again.

He then sighed in defeat as he said "Everything is okay dad."

"John." Jack then said.

John looked at Jack and said firmly "Everything is okay."

No everything is not okay Jason thought. That is pretty apparent. "John." He said in a soft voice.  The boy looked at him. "What's going on?" He then lifted his face up by his chin making him look him in the eyes. "Tell me."

"Its nothing dad." John's voice as he spoke.

"Its not nothing champ." He could see that in the boy's eyes. "Now tell me."

John's cheeks turned red and he looked away from his father. He could not look him in the eyes as he said "I was beaten with a switch by a family friend three times."

Anger flashed across his face.  A murderous fury filled his eyes and he looked as if he was about to tear someone apart with his bare hands.

"Who was this friend?" Jason asked. "Was it Sterling?"

"No." John shook his head.

"Don't lie John." He said sternly.

"I'm not lying dad." John said. "Sterling would never do anything like that."

"Who then?" Jason asked.

"It was my best friend's dad." John told him. "His mom use to watch me while mom was at work."

"I take your mother knew about it."

"Knew." John said. "Approved." He then shifted. "Had him whip me the last time."

"Tell him why." Jack said.

"Why?" Jason asked.

"She caught me calling you and had me whipped for it."

Jason's jaw tightened. "She had you whipped for trying to call me."

"Yeah."

Jason's hands clenched and then unclenched. "Why didn't you tell me this John?"

"Because I thought you had more important things to worry about." John said. "I didn't want to burden you with something that happened two years ago."

"Come here." Jason said.

Trepidation filled John as he got up and walked over to him. He was not sure if he was going to be spanked or hugged.

Jason placed his hands on shoulders. "Bother me."  His voice broke with emotion. "You understand me." He squeezed his shoulders. "I need to know about stuff like that."

"Yes, sir." John said. "I'm sorry sir."

"Its okay." Jason tightly hugged his son. "I'm sorry that you went through that." He then kissed him on the top of the head. "I'm sorry that your mom allowed that man to do that to you."

"Thank you." John said.

He then lifted his face by his chine once again forcing him to look at him. "Now is there is anything else that you need to tell me."

"No, dad."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." John said. "I've told you everything."

Jason doubted that.

"Well if you think of anything else don't hesitate to tell me okay."

"I won't."

Jason rested his head on the top of John's and let out a sigh. "I love you so much." He then kissed the top of his head. "Jack come over here." Jack walked over to him. "Now is there anything you need to tell me buddy?"

I'm in love with Heather and I want you to give me permission to date her Jack thought. "No, dad."

"Are you sure?" He placed his hand on the back of his head. His heart broke as he watched him flinch.

"Yes, sir."

"Well as I said to John if you think of anything tell me."

"I will dad."

"No more secrets you understand me boys." Jason said. "From this point on we are open and honest with each other okay."

"Okay." They both said.

"Now what?" John asked. "Are you going to call my mom?"

"Not yet." Jason said. I need to speak with Turner first and tell him this newest revelation.  He will know what to do with it. "What was your friend's father's name."

"Elmer." John said. "Elmer Eastman."

"Sounds like a comic book character." Jack said.

"Rex Ruffian has nothing on him." John said.

"Does your friend and his family still live in Virginia."

"No." John said. "They moved to Michigan two years ago.  Zeke's parents wanted to take me with them."

"They did?"

"Yeah they tried to convince my mom that I would be better with them." John said. "That I needed a strong male influence." The thought of living with them made him uneasy. "Fortunately she was dating Sterling then or she would have let them take me."

"Well I'm glad Sterling was there to look out for you." Jason said.

"Same here." John said. The thought of living with them and under their crazy rules sent a shiver up his spine. I definitely would have never been able to contact my dad if I lived with them. They would have controlled my every move too tightly to do so.

"I guess that I don't have to worry about going back to my mom now do I?" John asked.

"No." Jason said in a somber tone. "You don't have to worry about that anymore."

John gave a smile of relief. "Good."

"I'll call Mister Turner later but let's finish watching the movie first."  On the screen Chevy Chase's character flirted with the driver of a red Porsche while his wife slept in the passenger seat of the car.

John and Jack returned to the bed and Jason sat with them.  He pulled out his phone and read the text he had recieved. It was from Lauren's friend Tina threatening to destroy him if he did not give up custody of John and return him to his mother.

No I don't think you will he thought and then returned to the phone to his pocket.  Once again her words went through his mind.  Who were you talking about Tina and what do they have on Lauren?

I need to know he thought. I need to find out to insure that I don't lose John. I just hope Turner can find Lauren's brother and shed some light on this.

Also find this Elmer Eastman so I make him pay for hurting my son. I don't care if it was two years ago. He is going to pay.

And pay dearly.