Chapter 22 The Errand part one

After talking with Natasha Jason informed the two that he had an errand to run. He restricted John to his room until he got back and told Jack to rest. He hated to leave him alone but he did not feel comfortable taking him with him.

Twenty minutes later he pulled up to a three story house sitting on the South River. He walked up to the house and rang the door bell and was greeted by the butler who led him to the drawing room.

A few minutes later a woman in her mid forties with brown hair and brown eyes walked in. "Jason this is a pleasant surprise."

"Hello Paula." He said and the two hugged. "I'm sorry for dropping by I'm not imposing."

"No, not at all." Paula said. "Have a seat." Jason sat down on a red leather chair while she sat on a matching couch. "Actually I was thinking about calling you and congratulate you on your new son."

"Thank you." Jason said.

"What is he like?" She asked.

"He's a good kid." Jason said. "Imagine Jack's sweetness but Nicole's candor."

"That sounds like an interesting combination." Paula said with an amused look.

"Yes it is." Jason said.

"I am happy for you Jason." Paula said.

"Thank you." Jason said.

"And how is Jack?" A look of sympathy crossed her face.

"He has his good days and his bad days." Jason said. "He's actually why I am here."

"Okay." She said.

"I was wondering if I could talk to the twins." Jason said.

"Why?" She asked. "They didn't say anything nasty to him did they? Because if they did..."

"No." Jason said. Though it was good to see Cynthia's side of the family concerned about Jack's feelings. A month ago the twins could have said all manner of cruel and hurtful things to him without fear of punishment. "Its about last fourth of July at Anne's house."

"Oh." A look of discomfort then crossed her face. "Is this about what happened with your nephew Zach." He saw a twinkle of anger in her eyes.

"No its about Jack."

"Did Spencer do something to Jack too."

"That is what I want to talk to the twins about." Jason said. "I think that they may have seen something."

"Seen something." She then crossed her legs. "I'm sure if they would have said something to me or their father."

Not necessarily Jason thought.

"Can I speak to them anyway?" He asked.

"Sure." Paula called the butler back in and told him to have the twins come to the drawing room.

A few minutes later Percy and Perry walked into the room. They both reacted in surprise at seeing him.

"Hey Uncle Jason." Perry said.

"Have a seat boys." Pauls said and the two sat on the couch. "Uncle Jason believes that you may have witnessed something last fourth of July at your Aunt Anne's." Both boys tensed at the mention of the fourth July party. "Did you boys see something?"

"Yes we did." Perry said and her brow creased.

"Something between Uncle Spencer and Jack."

"Yes." Percy said looking a bit disturbed.

Jason choked as he asked "What did you see?"

"We saw him standing outside that room Jack was in recording him while he fondled himself."