Chapter 46

"You're going to be okay." Jason could hear Wendy say to him as he rolled through the house on a gurney.  Confusion filled him as he looked into her face creased with concern. He opened his mouth to ask what was happening only for blood to come pouring out. The last thing he saw was the horrified look on her face as he passed out again.

He was then in the ambulance. Wendy holding his hand, her face stained with tears. 

"Please don't let me die." Jason eked out before blacking out again.

The next time his eyes opened he was in a hospital room. Jack, John, Nicole, and Elizabeth were sitting on a couch. It was a sight that made him smile.

"Kids." He said weakly getting their attention.

"Dad." Jack rushed over him and put his arms around him

Nicole was on the other side her eyes red from crying. "I thought I lost you."  She said and then buried her face in his chest. She looked at him in the eyes. "I love you dad. I love you and I'm so sorry I haven't said it."

"I love you too." Jason said. "I love all of you."

John then gave him and then turned his face as he wiped his eyes.

"Its okay champ." Jason said. "You don't have to be embarrassed."

"Thanks." John said.

Jack put his hand on his brother's shoulder.

Elizabeth held his hand as she said "I'm glad you are okay dad."

"Can I get a hug."

"Sure." She said and then hugged him and then pulled back.

"So." Jason said. "This is what it takes to get all four of you into the same room together."

The four then laughed.

"What happened?" Jason asked.

"You were at granddad's and grandmom's when your ulcer burst." Jack said.

"Ulcer?" Jason said. "I had an ulcer."

"Yes." Nicole nodded. "The stress you were under caused it to rupture."

"I was pretty upset." Jason said.

"Yeah we heard." Elizabeth said. She let out a small laugh but quickly composed herself. "Sorry."

"I imagine your grandparents must hate me now." Jason said as the memory of him yelling at them played through his mind.

"No dad they don't hate you." Jack said.

"And it wasn't them who paid my mom to keep me from you." John told him.

The door then opened and the doctor walked in followed by Anthony and Cathy. "Oh good he is awake."

"Mom, dad." Jason said.

"Hey honey how are you feeling." Cathy said as she kissed his cheek.  Anthony then touched his shoulder.

"Like I got hit by a freight train." Jason said.

"That will pass in a couple of days." The doctor said.

"By the way I'm Doctor Newsome I performed your surgery. Would it be okay if we talk alone for a few moments."

"Kids why don't you wait outside." Jason said. The four walked out but his parents stayed at his side. His mother then held his hand.

Jason said. "How am I?"

"The surgery was a success." Newsome said. "We were able to fix the damage the rupture of the ulcer caused."