Chapter 36

Bridgerton Prison

"How the hell did this happen." Sam Harrison angrily said at Spencer who laid on the hospital bed in the infirmary hooked up to tubes and machines. He had pulled through the surgery despite losing massive amount of blood, having his spleen removed, and having a heart attack on the operating table. "You were supposed to tell your people to keep him away from that boy."

"I did." A nervous Kaminski said.  All he could think of was how his career was going up in flames and there was nothing he could do to stop. He just hoped that he did not wind up in prison himself.  "I told him to leave him alone, I warned him to stay away from him."

"Then what happened." Sam said through barring his teeth.

"Spencer bribed one of my guards." Kaminski said.

"Which one?" Sam asked.

"Hogan."

"I thought so." I knew he was not playing straight with me when I saw him yesterday he thought. My gut told me I was be played and I ignored it like an idiot. "Where is Hogan now?"

"I sent him home."

"I want his ass nailed to the wall for this." Sam said. "Him and any other guard who was involved in this."

"They will be." Kaminski said. "You have my word sir."

"Where is the boy now?"

"In solitaire."

"I want to see him." Sam said.

"Okay." He said. "What about Spencer?"

"What about him?"

"Aren't you going to go see him."

"No." Sam said with disgust in his voice.  "I can't stomach the thought of being anywhere near that monster."

"I understand." Kaminski said.

Sam looked back through the window. The mere sight of him filled with revulsion. His skin crawled as he thought about all the hurt and pain he has caused. He hated him even though he was his own flesh and blood he disposed his very existence..  The only reason he was relieved that he did not die on the floor of his cell was because he did not that boy to spend the rest of his life in prison. "No you don't." He said somberly. "And I hope you never do."

"Let me see the boy."

"Yes sir." Kaminski said.

Westfield Prep...

Tommy walked out of the office with his parents. He quickly averted Jack's gaze and looked at the floor. His mother walked over to them with an embarrassed look across her face. "Jack." She said as he struggled to look him in the eye. "I just wanted to say how sorry I am for how myself and my son treated you."

"Thank you." Jack said.

"If there is anyway we can make this up to you please let me know." She said.

"You could start by calling Mrs. Kim and telling her that Jack is not the reprobate that you made him out to be." Jason said.

"Of course." She said as her as she became increasing uncomfortable.

"And anyone else you bad my mouth son to." Jason said.

"I will..."  Tears formed in her eyes. Her voice trembled as she said "Again I'm so sorry."

"Tommy would you like to say something?" His father said.

Tommy shoved his hands in his pockets and slowly walked over to him with his head still hung in shame. He then stood silently looking at the floor for a few moments until he said. "Jack." He looked up at him his eyes bright red from crying. A look of devastation etched across his face that
he knew all too well. He found himself feeling sorry for him. "I..." And with a rage fuel  snarl screamed.  "Hate you." He threw a punch aimed for his face.