Chapter 36 part 2

Sam's blood boiled as Shaun Murphy was led into the interrogation room. Not because he was angry with the young man. No far from it. But because upon seeing him he realized that Hogan tricked him yesterday.  He had another prison pretend to Murphy to convince him that had nothing to worry about.

He did not who he was more angry with. Hogan for deceiving him or himself for being so easily deceived.

Sam chided himself for falling for his little ruse. And thought how he was going to pay for what he put this poor boy through.

"Sit." Kaminski told the younger man whose head was bowed. His body was trembling with fear and his skin was pale white.

Sam thought I have to get this kid to calm down before he has a heart attack.

Shaun sat down and Kaminski was about to chain his wrists to the table when Sam said "No." Kaminski froze and looked at him. "That will not be necessary." Kaminski took a step back and then Sam said. "Uncuff him."

"I don't think that is a good idea Mister Harrison."

"Well I do." Sam said. "Uncuff him." He repeated. "Please."

"Yes sir." Kaminski said but could not help but feel that this was a horrible idea.  He uncuffed his hands as he hoped that he did not regret it.

"Why don't you go wait outside so we can talk in private." Kaminski open his mouth to argue but Sam cut him. "Its okay Mister Kaminski." He said in an assuring tone. "I have nothing to fear from young Mister Murphy here." He then looked at the terrified boy. "And he has nothing to fear from me."

Sam saw doubt flash across his face. The distrust in his eyes which he could not blame him for. From what he understood from Kaminski the younger man been sexually since the first day he entered the prison.

And judging by his bruised eye physically as well.

"We will be okay." Sam assured him.

Kaminski then walked out closing the door behind him.

"I'm sorry." Shaun said with fear in his voice.

"You don't owe me an apology." Sam said. "I'm the one who owes you an apology."

Confusion overcame the younger man.

"But I stabbed your son."

"He is not my son." Sam said with emotion in his voice. "My son is dead. He died a long time ago."  Shaun could hear the pain and grief in his voice as he spoke. "You stabbed a sick, demented pedophile who raped my granddaughter, sexually assaulted a young man I care very much about, and tried to hurt my grandson." Sam said "So don't worry about me being upset or angry with you for stabbing him. I don't blame you for what you did."

"Then why are you here?" Shaun asked.

"To help you, Shaun." Sam said remorsefully. "You've suffered enough because of my poor choices and I want to make sure you don't suffer anymore because of them."  

"But first I need you to tell me everything that has happened to you." Sam said.

"Everything." His voice cracked nervously.

"Everything." Sam said.

The boy looked back at the door as he began to breath heavily.

"Its okay, Shaun." Sam said assured him. "I will protect you."

Shaun looked into his eyes and found himself calming down again. He did not know why but he trusted this man. Believe his assurances and promises. He opened his mouth and it all his horrible experiences came pouring out. And he talked he could a weight lift from his shoulders and he began to feel free.

Westfield Prep...

Tommy laid on the floor screaming in pain as blood gushed from his nose.  His mother let out a loud gasp as he rushed to his side. With fury in her eyes she looked at Jack who was being held back by his father and said "What the hell is wrong with you."

"He tried to hit me." Jack said. "I was just defending myself."

Starnes then rushed out of her office and let out a loud gasp. "What happened?"

"This animal brutally attacked my son." She said seething was anger.

"After he tried to hit Jack." Tommy's father said as he grabbed a handful of tissues from the secretary's desk.

"Do you ever take our son's side." She said impatiently.

"When he has one I'll take it." Tommy's father said. He then pressed the tissues against his still screaming son's nose. "Oh calm down he didn't hit you that hard."

"Have you no compassion."

"What's going on?" A man in his late forties said as he appeared at Jason's side.

"Hey Mister Jones." Jack to said to Thea's father. "Tommy tried to hit me so I punched him."

"Good for you." Jones said approvingly. He then walked over to Tommy who had been helped to his feet by his parents. His face went ashen when he saw.

"Mister Jones please..." Starnes said.

"Dont worry I'm not going to touch him." He put his hands up. "But understand this you little creep if you ever bother my daughter again I will break more than your nose."

"How dare you threaten my son." Her face which was already flushed with anger turned a darker shade of red.

"How dare your son stalk and harass my daughter." He shot back.

Tommy then said "Well maybe if your daughter wasn't such a slut..."

Mister Jones took a menacing step forward to which Tommy's father put his hand out. "No, no." He said. "Were going." He grabbed Tommy's arm and pulled him out. "What is the matter with you." His father said as they walked out.

"Mister Jones if you would come into my office please." Starnes said.

"Of course." He then looked at Jason who still had a tight grasp on his arm. "I don't want to tell you how to raise your kid Jason but if he gets anything other than a pat on the back for this you are a complete idiot."

"Mister Jones please." Starnes said.

"Seriously take him out for a burger not home for a beating." Jones said and then walked into the office.

"I guess I'm suspended." Jack said.

"I'm afraid so." Starnes said. "The school has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to fighting so I have no choice but to suspend you for one day."

Jason released Jack and said "He was just defending himself Mrs. Starnes."

"I know but rules are rules." She said.

"Its okay dad." Jack said. "I'll take the suspension."

"Okay." Jason said as he patted him on the back.. "See you tomorrow."

"See you."

As they walked out Jack asked "I guess I'm not getting a spanking?"

"No."

"A burger?"

"Maybe." Jason said as they walked down the hall.

Bridgerton Two hours later....

Spencer had awaken when the tall blonde hair man walked into his room. As soon as he looked into his cold blue eyes he knew what was going to happen.  He was silent as the man produced a small blade from the cuff of his shirt.

"Conrad Murphy says hello." He whispered as he pressed the blade against Spencer's neck and drew it across.