Chapter Twenty

~Sayd~

"Honey, did you get the lunch I packed you?" My mother asked while I was going in the car.

"Yes mom I did," I said throwing my bag in the back seat.

I had been home for over a week now. The initial plan was to only stay a few days but once I told my mom what happened with Danté she insisted that I stayed longer to nurse my road rash. Dad on the other hand was not satisfied that Kace took care of him and wanted to take matters into his own hands. I had to promise him that I would report him to the police when I got back.

" What about the clothes we got from the mall, did you pack those too?" she asked as she was putting on some lip gloss using the rearview mirror. My mom was in her late forties but she didn't look a day over thirty. She worked as a beautician so makeup and the perfect nails were her specialty, even on herself, although she didn't go full glam.

" I have those too," I buckled my seat belt. " Thanks for driving me by the way."

"You don't have to thank me, honey, I have an event booking close to your varsity, it's no trouble at all, " I smiled at her and turned to the road as she started the car.

I could have easily asked Kace to come and pick me up but I didn't want to make him feel like my chauffeur despite making me promise to tell him when was going back home. He and I had been texting nonstop all week. It was strange how I found myself eagerly waiting for him to text me regardless of how many times I told myself I didn't care.

Again I found myself thinking about the way he kissed me before he left and I feel silly all over at how much I loved it.

You're falling Sayd.

Don't fall.

My phone vibrated on my lap and fortunately or unfortunately it was a message from Mera.

Mera: Hey are you on your way?

Me: Yeah I am

Mera: Can you take a little longer :-D

Me:Why?

The only few times Mera asked me to give her space in our apartment was when she had a guy over. Did she already move on from Timothy? As far as I know, I left him at home so it couldn't be him.

Me: Mera who do you have at home?

When she didn't answer I put my phone back down then it buzzed again.

Kace: You really aren't going to let me pick you up?

Me: Mom's driving me as we speak.

Kace: Since it's your mom, I'm okay with it.

Me: And if it was anyone else?

Kace: You know what would happen.

Since when had possessiveness become so hot to me? I wasn't even his official girlfriend or anything.

Kace: I'll see you when you get here princess.

After a few minutes of driving, we got to our apartment house. Mom dropped me off and I hugged her goodbye before she made me promise to visit home the next weekend. When she drove off, I made my way up the many stairs of the building and to my room.

Before I opened the door I could hear people chatting inside. When I walked inside I found Timothy and Mera sitting next to each other on the couch. They both turned to look at me and raised my eyebrow at the sight in front of me. I couldn't tell by their body language that they were on better terms now. They were sitting close to each other and Mera's hand was in Timothy's.