Chapter Thirteen

~Sayd~

"Mera, have you seen my coat? "

"No babe, but you can come in and borrow mine."

I opened the brown door that led to her room and was shocked to see the cluster of clothes on her bed and the floor. Her once neatly organized room was in a huge mess.

"Don't mind the mess, " she said as I walked in.

"Well, it's kind of hard not to," I said kicking some of her clothes aside.

She was standing in front of her head-to-toe mirror patting her face with a makeup brush.

" How do I look?" She turned around. She had a full face of makeup on; her lips were full with a shade of maroon, her hair was in perfect waves, and the green tight-fitting dress she wore complimented her curves perfectly.

"Wow, can I ask where you're going? " was all I could let out.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked worriedly. " Don't I look okay?"

"No, I'm just breath-taken," I said honestly. "Are you going on a date?

She blushed and looked back at the mirror and continued to put on more makeup.

"Mera?"

"Okay, yes, " she said turning around and then walking closer to me. " Look, I have to talk to you about something."

"About what?" She took my hand and ushered me to her bed. She pushed a pile of her clothes aside and we both sat down.

"Are you okay?" I asked her again with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah yeah, " she said assuredly. " I just..."

"You just-"

"You're okay with me going out with your brother right?" She blurted out. "....like on a date?"

She looked nervous and hopeful all at the same time.

"Mera, " I held her hand to calm her down. " You like him, don't you?"

She blushed and faced the floor.

" You guys always had this weird chemistry, plus you're two grown adults," I tried to add some humour to it. "You don't have to ask my permission. "

"Well," she smiled widely. " I don't mean to sound corny or anything but yes. I do like him. A lot."

She blushed and I made a gagging face. " Corniness overload."

"Stop, " she said and playfully collided her shoulder into mine causing me to fall off the bed. She broke into a cachinnation of laughter and I caught her hand and pulled her to the floor as well.

"You'll mess my make up you cow."

"Well then that makes two cows in the room," I said and we both laughed at our remarks.

Timothy was definitely into Mera, anyone could see that in as much as he tried to hide it.

We talked for a few more minutes then
Mera got off the floor and started to search through different piles of clothes. How could someone own so many clothes? And where would she get the time to fold this mess?

"What are you looking for?" I asked her.

"This, " she said throwing her brown trench coat in my direction.

" I almost forgot what I came here for," I said picking up the amazing aroma that came from the coat. " Judging by where it came from, I'm surprised it smells this good."