Chapter Fifty-Two

~Sayd~

Everyone left leaving Kace and me in the room. I was so used to him being the tough guy that seeing him beaten up and bruised made my heartache. In two weeks some of his wounds had healed up completely. His lower worse was wrapped with bandages and so was his wrist.

"Well, it's just the two of us now," I said suddenly feeling nervous over who knows what. 

"Finally," he smirked making my tummy flatter even.

I blushed facing the floor. " I ordered some takeout for you, it should be here any second. "

" I'm not really hungry. "

" Kace, you've been feeding through a tube for two weeks, you have to eat. "

Before he could respond there was a knock on the door. I called for them to come in and was a bit surprised to see it was Natasha.

" Hi," she said sounding and looking nervous.

"Hi Natasha," Kace responded.

"Natasha, is everything okay?" I asked her.

" Yes, " she said then paused seeming like she was surprised that everything was okay. " Everything is okay. I just wanted to speak with you. "

"Oh alright," I looked at Kace and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. " I'll be back soon okay? "

He nodded and kissed the back of my hand. I walked out of the room and stood in the hallway. 

" What's up? You sure everything is okay?"

" Yeah."

She looked more vibrant than the time I first saw her with Zaynab. Her hair was shiner and her face was glowing along with it.

"I just wanted to say goodbye. "

" Goodbye? Why? Where are you going?"

"Back home, to the Power pack. "

"Oh."

"Yeah, alpha Enzo organised a personal flight for me," she said then faced the floor. " Everyone thinks I'm a hero Sayd." She paused and suddenly got emotional. " And I know I don't deserve that. "

"Natasha—."

" Both Enzo and Graham spoke to me a few days ago, they told me that you told them everything; me breaching the pack entrance and siding with Zaynab, " she paused. " But they also told me you told them how you stood up for me and told them how brave I was, switching sides and fighting along with you in the end. And that's the story Enzo took home, that I defended the Luna of the Cresent pack. "

" You did save me—." Before I could finish my sentence she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me in a hug. She held me tightly letting her emotion show through it.

"I've brought you nothing but problems the entire time I've known you, Sayd, and the only thing you did was help me. " Her voice cracked as he spoke. " I'm so sorry....and thank you for helping me. "

" Thank you too," I said still in a hug. I was grateful for what she did for me. I felt bad that she ended up with a broken wrist after that.

She pulled away from the hug my still held my hand. "The Cresent pack has them one hell of a Luna. "

"You're just saying that."

"I'm serious, wait till they get a load of you. " She placed her hand on my shoulder. " You'll be one of the greatest they've ever had. "

She said that as more of a confidence boost than a mere statement, which was exactly what I felt I needed.

"I should get going now," she said. " Again, thank you for everything. "