Chapter Twelve

~Kace~

We can only have two people in here.

Rush him to the surgery room.

I wasn't fully conscious but I was aware of my environment. I was in a hospital and being rushed to a hospital bed.

We have to take it out right now.

.....have to sedate him first

All I could hear were panicked voices around me.

....anesthesia could kill him. It will slow down the spontaneous healing.

Just take it out now!

A few seconds later I felt an enormous amount of pain on my side. I growled in pain as numerous hands tried to hold me down until I came to a sudden stop.

He's haemorrhaging internally, sedate him now.

I felt the needle break through my skin and in a few seconds, everything went quiet.

I woke up to the beeping sound of the vital sign monitor and the feel of my gentle breeze on against my skin. I looked around with half-open eyes trying to take in my environment then realized I was in a hospital bed.

Sayd was fast asleep on a chair next to me. She was in nothing but a sleeveless top and grey sweats and lay her head on the side of the bed while she clung to my hand. She looked too peaceful to wake up. I took my blanket and threw it around her and just watched her sleep.

"Kace?" Sonny opened the door with bags of chips in his hands and water. " You're awake? What time did you wake up?" He asked with excitement in his voice.

"Hey Sonny, not so long ago really," I said looking up at him, "Something tells me you're happy to see me"

"Are you kidding? Of course, I am" He put the stuff he was carrying on a table nearby. " The doctors said something about you being in a coma."

"A coma? How long have I been out?"

"A week," he said wiping his hands against his shorts." She's hardly eaten anything since."

I looked down at her still asleep against my bed as her chest moved up and down slowly.

"She's really worried about you," he added.

Looked at her again and I felt a sharp shooting pain in my head making me wince.

"What happened to you, man?"

"I don't know," I said while massaging the side of my head with my fingers. " All I remembered was an out-of-control driver hit my truck. "

"Out of control huh?" he didn't sound convinced making me wonder if there was more to it. "That's not how she described it," he features at Sayd. " She said the car was coming at you like it was meant for you. "

I tried to recall what really had happened and possibly confirm the suspicions Sonny was talking to me about.

"We can talk about this later," he said noticing that I was in pain. "Let me get the nurse for you. "

I nodded and he walked out. Sayd was still fast asleep against my bed and I contemplated waking her up remembering that Sonny said she hadn't had anything to eat. I rubbed her back gently shaking her awake.

"Sonny, I told you I already ate," she said turning her head.

I smiled at her remark, I came to know her to be as stubborn as she sounded. " I know you're lying"