Chapter Twenty- Three

~Kace~

I had decided to break the truth slowly to Sayd. As expected she concluded that I was going through some form of PTSD and suggested I see a therapist to help with my anxiety but I learnt to live life that way. I did carry with me a certain level of paranoia, not for myself but for other people. But after our conversation, I considered that perhaps it was time I began to allow myself to accept the reality that things weren't going to go wrong and everyone around me was safe.

"Has anyone seen Graham in the past three days? " Reid asked as he sat down on the couch across from me and Sonny.

"Not me," Sonny said flicking through the channels on TV. "Nothing good to watch these days. "

"Where the hell is he? I've been trying to reach his cell for hours now. I need my freaking car back. "

"Probably increasing his body count," I commented.

"Didn't we agree to limit our movements ?"

"You seriously thought you could tell Graham what to do?" Sonny asked.

"He's probably alright," I said crunching caramel popcorn. It wasn't the first time he had been out for this long. Heck, there was a time he was out with a girl for a month straight.

" I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about my damn car. "

The guys had been keeping an eye out for any weird activity, it had been close to a month since the attack in the woods happened. We were constantly on our toes and patrolling the area for any threats. Graham suggested we took turns staying up at night, but we all felt it was unnecessary. Chances were that it was just someone playing tricks on us or a sick prank. It was a normal thing among wolves and sometimes it did get brutal.

Reid, on the other hand, was completely healed. It only took him a week for all his wounds to disappear, he looked as good as new.

"Let me try to call him," I took out my phone and dialled his number. " Went straight to voicemail. "

"Freaking great," Reid complained as he walked to the kitchen and got himself a beer from the fridge.

When he came back to sit with us, my phone rang again and Graham's name appeared on the screen. Before I could answer it Reid picked up the phone up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Reid answered angrily. " Give me back my damn car, it's been three days."

He stayed silent listening on the other end then looked at the phone quizzically.

"Hello? Who the hell is this?"

Sonny and I looked at each other skeptically then at Reid.

"Is this some sick game Graham?" I started to get uneasy when he seemingly started getting agitated.

"What's going on ?" Sonny asked and Reid put the phone on speaker.

"I said give the phone back to Kace Reid," an unfamiliar male voice said on the other end.

"Who the hell is that? " I asked Reid and he shrugged. It definitely wasn't Graham.

"Now don't tell me you don't recognize my voice." Something about his voice was cold and unsettling.

"Who is this?" Sonny asked. " Where's Graham and why do you have his phone?"

"He's where you'll be soon Sonny," he said calmly and chuckled. The room feel silent and the air atmosphere was starting to turn cold. 

" Is this some kind of practical joke?" I asked with gritted teeth.

"You were always slow Kace," he chuckled again. " Could you imagine that? A slow alpha? You know, in a way, I feel like I watched you grow into the person you are today. Having friends like Graham made you soft that's why I took care of him. A brother looking out for a brother. "