Chapter Eleven

~Sayd~

Sleep hadn't come easy the next few days. I was exhausted because of non-stop classes and extracurriculars after class for extra credit. I always tried to come back earlier than to my apartment so that I had enough time to rest but despite my efforts, I'd still show up after 9 pm. Today was not any different, maybe a bit worse. I had the longest day at school but because of recent events, I started to use the bus.

When I got to my apartment there was a note behind the door which I was sure was from Mera. She would always write me a note whenever she wasn't spending the night at home.

' Don't wait up for me, I'm out with a friend,

Whenever she didn't specify who 'a friend ' was then it was definitely a male. I just didn't know who. Being the social butterfly that she was she had hundreds of guys after her, but she had only ever seemed to be interested in one.

I stuck the note back in the door and went to my room. The moment I got there, I threw myself, with my bag behind my back face flat on the bed. I snaked my hands out of the handle of my bag then got up again and went to my closet. I pulled out my only blue string top that I liked to wear to bed on days like this when it was a hundred degrees outside with it my underwear at the bottom.

I walked out of my closet while tying my hair in a bum. Then I saw something like a shadow on my balcony. I froze when the shadow moved slightly. I considered that it might be a cat because they occasionally jumped to my window from the neighbouring apartment and I'd give them some treats. I wasn't particularly much of a cat person, but I did like animals. I quickly walked to my dresser and for a handful of chews. I walked to the balcony excited to see which one it would be today. I usually left the door open on days as hot as today so I moved the maroon curtain aside and screamed my heart out sending the chews in the air when I saw it was not a cat.

Kace was standing casually against the rails of my balcony looking completely unfazed.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I asked still out of breath.

" I was going to knock, but I saw you were heading here anyway. "

"You can't just show up and somebody's balcony unannounced. "

Still catching my breath I noticed his eyes travelled from mine and slowly down my legs. My eyes widened and I grabbed the curtain quickly wrapping it around me.

" You perve!"

"I'm not looking," he turned his eyes away then looked back at me and smiled.

"Stop!"

"Okay I'm sorry," he chuckled and turned around.

"Just stay here."

I made sure he still wasn't looking as I rushed back I'm my room and put back on the sweatpants I wore today.

"You can turn around now. "

I walked back to the balcony as he turned around to look at me.

"I kind of thought your first outfit fit you better," he said looking down at my sweats and I smacked his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing here anyway?" I then looked down the balcony. " How did you even get up here? "

His hand went into his pocket " You dropped this in my car. " he said holding a gold chain with a small pendent.

"Oh thank God," I said taking it from him." I thought I lost this. My mom was surely going to kill me if I did. "

It was one of the many gifts my dad got my mom. She let me borrow it for a date I was supposed to go to with Dante about a month ago, but I hadn't returned it yet.