Chapter Thirty- Three

~Kace~

I woke up in a strange room I moved on the bed and felt the soft covers underneath me. My first instinct get out but I felt like a million trucks were weighing down on me.

I tried to get up and felt a sharp shooting pain coming from my shoulder and winced. I extended my hand over my shoulder and saw a white bandage covering it. I tried to recollect my memory as to what had happened but the last thing I was visiting my mom and nothing else after.

The room I was in was small. I looked over to the nightstand and there was a Jar of water and a cup on it. Not caring who the occupants of this house were or if the water was safe to drink, I grabbed the jar and emptied it of its contents. I felt like it was a hundred degrees outside. My shirt was neatly folded on the side of the bed, I stretched out my arm to get it and winced again at the pain coming from my shoulder. I decided to rip the bandage off and saw it was a cut that still looked fresh. Memories of the previous day suddenly came back to me and then I remembered that I was stabbed by one of the guards at the gate. I must have been poisoned. My shoulder and almost my entire arm felt numb, not to mention, the wound itself wasn't healing.

Ignoring the pain, I put my shirt on and got up from the bed. I walked to the door and as I opened it I recognised the house as Sayd and Mera's temporal home. How I got here was another mystery I needed to solve. As I walked downstairs I could hear the sound of laughter and the smell of steak cooking.

"Kace, " Mera looked at me wide-eyed when I walked through the kitchen. She took her phone away from her ear and followed behind me.

"Hello Mera," I said stopping for a second to say hai then proceeding to the door.

"I'm so glad you're awake," she said following behind me. " Wait, where are you going?"

" To find the bastard that stabbed me."

I opened the front door and squinted my eyes when the rays of the sun struck my face. I looked around and was glad to see my car was parked outside somehow.

"But you can't. You're hurt," Mera tried to negotiate with me

I walked over to my car and tried to open the door but it was locked. Of course, I don't have my keys. Out of frustration I slammed the car door and nothing happened. Normally it would leave a huge dent but this just confirmed that I was stabbed with poison. I could hardly feel my wolf and the small part I would feel was weak. I slammed the car door again and again but it only sent pain coursing through my arm.

"Kace?" I heard Sayd call my name from where Mera was standing. She then descended the stairs and walked towards me.

"Please stop," she held both my hands in hers and gasped when she saw knuckles with cuts and bruises on them.

"I need to go. "

"You can't go after anyone right now, please come inside. " She put her hands on either side of my face and she looked at me pleadingly. "Gosh, you're as pale as a ghost. Come with me"

I didn't agree with her but walked back into the house with her. When we went back in the house she and Mera made me something to eat and made me take some medicine I'm right after. Later in the day, Graham showed up and I explained to him what had happened to me. I was shocked to hear that when he went to follow up with the guards, he found all of them unconscious and equally poisoned and he concluded that it was an ambush. That's probably as far as Zaynab could get, even he knew that stepping into this pack made him a dead man. Graham stayed for a few hours and then left for his house. After he did I went back upstairs to take a bath and rest the poison out as Graham advised.

I heard a knock on my door and I didn't have to ask who it was because her scent was able to intoxicate me from a mile away.

I walked opened the door and Sayd was standing on the other side with a glass of water in her hands.