Chapter Four

~Sayd~

"Black or red?"

" I want to say red but the black one is edgy, " Mera said, "So black."

" I should feel lucky my parents aren't going to be at this party, " I said scanning the black dress.

Mera and I were getting ready to go for a party that was hosted within the Varsity. I was not a party person in general nor did I like going to them, but I only agreed to go to this one because it was for charity and Mera wouldn't stop talking about it.  I wore a little black dress that was above my knees and paired it with ankle boots.

"Are you done yet?" Mera asked. She, on the other hand, wore an army green tight-fitting dress that showed most of her skin along with blocked heels.

"Yeah, I'm done, " I said while fixing my earrings.

"Goodness, look at you, Sayd gone savage."

"Would you stop?  " I rolled my eyes.

" Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You're stunning. "

"Let's go, Mera."

We got our phones, and IDs and double-checked that the door to our room was locked before leaving our apartment.

"I forgot to ask, who's taking us to the place?" Mera asked.

"I talked Timothy into driving us, at first he said no until I told him you were coming along, " I said raising my eyebrows with a smirk.

Mera's face turned red and she faced the ground. "Timmy is your brother, how many times do I have to tell you that it would be weird if something was going on with us?"

" Don't you guys already have some weird thing going on?"I teased her.

" For crying out loud, Sayd. "

"If it changes anything at all, Tim is not my brother brother brother." I made air quotes.

" He's been with your mom and dad longer than you have. So he belongs to your parents more than you do making him your brother, "

"You have a point there, " I admitted.

Our room was on the second floor so it took us some time to get to the parking lot especially since we were chatting the whole way. Timothy was already waiting for us in the parking lot.  My mom and my dad adopted him before I was born. Initially, it was very hard for my mother to conceive, after trying so many times, she and my dad decided to resort to adoption because they wanted a family of their own. Their first child was Timothy and along the way, she miraculously and unexpectedly got pregnant and had me.

Explaining to people that we were related was the hard part because of our different nationalities and skin colours. Other than that, Timothy had always been cooler than me and a lot more cocky too. When we were in high school I always felt letting people know that he was my brother defamed him a bit considering even our appearance didn't match, he was tall, had the perfect set of white teeth, and his hair was always done perfectly even his skin looked like a baby's buttock. Inevitably, he was the popular kid.

I, on the other hand, had a very average height, my hair was okay but wasn't spectacular.  I was far from being a Victoria's Secret model, my hips were wider than most and I appreciated that my waist was tiny. I knew my skin could do better if I had a proper skin care routine but most of the time I was flawless, except for a few breakouts here and there like every girl during those days. Mera always went on and on about how I have a sexy figure and I should use it more, but I didn't even know what that meant.

"Took you long enough, " he said leaning against his car.

"Like you have somewhere else to go, " I said walking around him and opening the rear door of his car.