Chapter One

~Kace~

"Kace! Kace run !" I heard my mom call out my name in the midst of burning wood and furniture. "Kace!"

I was taking shelter under the large dinner table with flames burning around me. I was sobbing, wondering how things got to this. I could still hear my mom calling out my name hysterically.

"Run, run to mommy," I heard my brother from the other end of the room, mocking me.

I gathered up enough courage and run out of the table but came to a halt at the sight of my mom being grabbed by her neck by my father. Right before my eyes, he slit her throat.

"Mom!" I yelled in horror at the scene.

"Kace, Kace, dude calm down," rough hands shook me and I jolted awake.

My vision was blurry at first but then I made out Sonny's face looking down at me

"You look like you just ran a marathon," he said and chuckled. "Aren't you a little too old to be having nightmares?"

"Sonny," I said rubbing my face with the palm of my hands and shake off sleep. " What are you doing in my room?"

" I could hear you all the way from the gym, " he said. " Maybe it's time you see a therapist about-,"

Before he could finish his sentence I shook my head, cutting him off.

"No, I'm fine," I said. " It's just a dream. "

"Okay," he said. " In case you change your mind I could hook you up with one."

When he left my room ,I got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I stood under the shower longer that I normally did, I had been having the same dream for over thirteen years. For thirteen years it always ended the same, with my mother calling out my name and my father killing her right in front of me. As the years went by I didn't have it as often. I supposed that was a good thing. I didn't have the most pleasant childhood and the nightmares where just the cherry on top that came with it. Despite what the dreams said, my mother was alive and well. But my father on the other hand, well I done give a damn about him.

He was the Alpha of the Cresent pack, a pack that I was suppose to call home, but was ashamed to. He was as ruthless and cold blooded as one could get. He was known for taking down and conquering packs and doing it in the most ruthless way possible.

My brother, Zaynab, fought alongside him. It was too late for him, there was no redemption for him, where is name was uttered destruction followed. I was supposed to be my father's successor, the next Alpha. My father needed me on his side for that but I choose a different path. Zaynab on the other had believed he was born for the role and would so anything insanely possible to get it, which also included taking me out of the picture. But that's exactly who he was, a ruthless, power hungry hound.

When I got out of the shower, I combed through my hair and dressed up casually for the day then I heard a knock on my door.

"Kace," my friend Graham call from the other side of the door. " Ten minutes and we're out. "

"Got it," I responded.

I currently lived with my friends and fellow wolves Sonny, Graham and Reid in an apartment building we bought close to the varsity we went to. Leaving the wolf life behind meant I had to give up one certain things and blend in more to the human world. For starters, I had to have a normal Job like a normal person and I had to attain an education too. Fortunately blending in hadn't been hard for me because I was only a kid when my mother and I came here and because of that I practically lives around humans my whole life. Except for the few wolves I met here and there.