Chapter Fourty- Five

~Kace~

"Something smells good ," Sonny said walking into the living room from the front door.

"Sayd made dinner."

"Really?" he walked into the kitchen quickly and I heard the sound of pots open. After a short while he walked back into the living room with a small bowl of with pasta.

" Where has she been all our lives," he said with food still in his mouth and mine curved into a smile.

"Did you leave some for everyone else?" I asked him.

" Well I don't see everyone else here, " he swallowed then took another bite. " So, things are going well with you guys. "

"I guess you could say so. "

"Have you told her about our plan? "

"Yeah, I did," I said drinking from my beer that I got earlier. " She's worried it's a bad idea."

"Maybe, but we can't let him keep running circles around us. "

And I agreed.

"What about you? Are you ready to finally face your brother?"

"Well, it's about time."

"Battle of the bros," he added crossing his legs on the coffee table and I smirked understanding that he wanted to lighten the mood.

I had been thinking about how it would be when I faced him. I wasn't scared or anxious at all. Things hardly made me that way. I knew it could only end one way, with one of us out of the picture for good. I didn't mind ending him of course. But it bothered me that my mother still wanted to me spare his life. I knew how she still had hope that he'd change somehow but I knew him for who he was. Change was impossible for him, and he had always been the way he was.

"There was something I wanted to talk to you about. "

" Yeah," he turned to me attentive. " What's up?"

" I wanted to thank you for the help that you're showing me, you and everyone else. You're practically risking your life for -."

" Kace," he placed a hand on my shoulder. " You know you don't have to thank me. I'm just a brother helping another brother. You've always helped me for as long as I could remember. "

"Still this is big. "

"No, it's not," he interjected. " Remember the first day we met right? It was in elementary school, I was being bullied because I hadn't been able to turn into a wolf yet. "

"That was elementary school, Sonny. "

" Still, you came to my rescue and beat them up. After that, you taught me how to fight until I eventually turned into a wolf. "

" I taught you to solve a problem with violence,"

"I was okay with it," he said with his mouth curving into a smile. " I was the badest wolf and person in school because of you. "

I huffed a laugh and shook my head.

"Bottom line is you've always had my back and I'll without question always have yours. "

"Thanks, Sonny," I said and he patted my back.

"Now enough of the heart-to-heart sentimental stuff, let's eat what your girl cooked." he got up from the chair. "I'm still starving. "

"I was waiting for her to come down first," I wondered if she was still taking a shower. " Let me just go and check on her. "

When I started to walk towards the stairs, we heard the sound of glass shattering coming from upstairs. Sonny and I looked at each other before we both quickly ascended the stairs. On our way there I heard another sound of things falling which made my stomach turn even more.

"Sayd?" 

When we got to my room, everything looked exactly the way I left it until I opened the bathroom door.

"Is she in there?" Sonny asked behind me.

The floor was wet and the product bottles that were once on the sink were now on the floor and to make matters worse Sayd was not there. I looked at the broken pieces of glass on the floor that came from my window and I immediately knew what had happened.

" Shit," Sonny curse behind me.

I quickly walked towards the window to look outside but there was no one in sight. It must have been him. How the hell did he get into my house? His scent was always musked so I couldn't smell him but I was still sure it was him.

"Kace?" Sonny called my name. He was holding a syringe in his hand that he had picked up next to the sink.

I clenched my fists and began to head for the door.

"Where are you going?" Sonny asked putting the syringe back in the sink.

"To end this once and for all," I said with a clenched jaw.

"I'm coming with you."

Sonny was more of an analytical person so I didnt expect him to agree to my rush decision of going after Zaynab.

" We'll call the guys and meet up somewhere."

Vote. Vote. Vote💜