Chapter Fourth-Two

~Sayd~

As I was standing here wrapped around Kace's arms, I knew this wouldn't be late forever because I had to tell him about Zaynab. I didn't need any form of evidence to believe what he told me, Natasha seemed like the desperate type. In a way I understood her. People like Kace were rare in this life. He was kind, and selfless and one of the most handsome men I had ever met. I wasn't anticipating his reaction I knew he'd be more upset about that than me seeing him with Natasha.

" Kace I need to tell you something," I said pulling away from our hug.

He looked at me curiously. " Okay, what's the matter?"

I began to speak then I hesitated, looking down at my hands. " Can we talk inside?"

" Sure," he narrowed his eyes.

I walked in first and he followed closely behind me. Bailey and Mera were in the living room and they both looked at us when we walked in.

" Hello Bailey," Kace said to her and she gave him a small wave. " And hello again Mera."

"Hai Kace," Mera said crossing her arms. " Do we have permission to kill him now?" she then asked me.

" No, Mera. " I said to her and smiled weakly.

" It was just a misunderstanding Mera, I promise," he said to her.

" It better have been," she warned.

"Please have a seat," I pointed to a chair and I sat on the one opposite his.

I asked Bailey and Mera to excuse us and they did but let us know they were close by if I needed them.

" So you wanted to tell me something?"

" Yes, " I said nervously running a hand through my hair. " I wanted to talk to you about why I came to your house earlier."

" I was meaning to ask you about that," he said. " Why did you come to my house? "

" So, I don't want you to take this the wrong way," I said playing with my fingers again. " I just want you to listen. "

" I am."

"Okay so a few days ago I started to receive phone calls and messages, "I paused, " .....from Zaynab."

When I said his name, I noticed he froze and narrowed his eyes.

" Zaynab," he repeated and I nodded.

" I don't pick up any of his calls as you would expect until he called on Mera's phone pretending to be somebody else. "

" What did he want?" he asked cutting me off which was making me more anxious. Why was I even anxious, I didn't do anything wrong. Kind of.

" He um-," I said fidgeting in my seat. " He asked me -he threatened me to meet with him. " I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that he didn't say anything after I said that but looked at me blankly so I went on.

" I met him here, in this pack. I don't know how he managed to get in. At first, I expected his going to use me in some way to get to you until I got there and he told me what he wanted was me."

I didn't dare look at him but faced the floor. " He said that I had been his plan all along and that he wanted me to reject you and accept him as my mate. And that if I did he wouldn't hurt anyone anymore and you'd have your pack back. "

I knew I was rumbling but I just wanted to get this over with. I looked up at him and noticed that he clenched his fists.

"I'm not considering it though, " I quickly added then realised I didn't give him a reason why I showed up at his house. " He also said that I had a week to make my decision and until then he wouldn't hurt anyone..... that's why and how I showed up freely to your house. "