Chapter Fourty - One

~Sayd~

" Can you at least tell me what happened?" Bailey asked while we were driving back home.

I hadn't said anything since the time I left Kace's house. Mostly because I was replying to what I saw in my head. I was still shaking and my heart racing as I replayed what I had just seen. This is exactly why I built my walls so high, because of things like this. My heart was aching thinking of Natasha and Kace. I probably interrupted something that was going to turn out to be so much more. It didn't help either that Natasha was drop-dead gorgeous. They looked like a power couple together now that I thought about it, and they'd probably have genetically beautiful kids together.

" Sayd," Bailey called my name again.

I was so immersed in thought that I jerked in my seat.

"Huh? "

" I'm asking you what happened."

I supposed I owed her an explanation, but she looked worried when I stepped into the car.

"Did Kace not take it well?"

"No, I didn't tell him," I said.

" You didn't tell him?"

" No, I -he was with someone else -when I went up to see him. "

" What do you mean? I don't understand."

" I found him with someone, a woman" I blurted out. " ...... and she was naked. "

"What!?" Bailey stopped the car abruptly causing both of us to jerk forward.

"What did you just say?"

" He was with a girl who was naked in his workroom," I said and choked on my voice.

"Oh no."

She pulled me in for a hug when she saw I was trying my hardest to fight down my tears. " I'm so sorry Sayd. " She stroked my hair.

I didn't say anything else because I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt awful and humiliated like a big part of my world had come scrambling down right in front of me. Another part of me was still trying to process my feelings or convince myself that what I saw was a dream or wasn't real. I

"Do you remember the girl? Or know who she is?"

"Yeah," I said against her chest. " It's that worrier girl, Natasha. "

"Wait, Natasha from my pack?" Bailey pulled away from me and raised her eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Aarrggh," she sighed." When will that girl stop?"

"What do you mean? "

"Okay here's the thing with Natasha, for the longest time she's had this thing for Alphas," she explained. " That's because she's obsessed with becoming a Luna. "

" But she's Kace's ex. Are you telling me she was only into him because he's an Alpha?"

"That's not what I'm saying, I know they've dated once and all but all I'm saying is I think you need to get your facts straight. Maybe ask Kace what actually happened because Natasha is so obsessed with Alphas she can go to weird lengths to get one. She could have set the whole thing up. "

" But I found them."

"Was Kace also without clothes on? Were they kissing or touching like that?"

" No."

I thought back to the scene. Kace only had his hands on her shoulders and he was holding her dress. Maybe he was the one who took it off her? But at the same time, he did look flustered and Natasha looked frustrated.