Chapter Fourty - Nine

~Sayd~

The noises coming from outside were enough to confirm that it was really Kace and the others who were here. The worried look on Zaynab's face was enough to give me satisfaction .

"Aren't you going to fight alongside your wolves like the alpha you so desperately want to be?" I teased him removing him him out of the trance of thought he was under.

"I don't care what happens to them."

"Let me guess, " I cut him off, " collateral damage. "

He shrugged and looked away from me.

"You know what's going to happen,"I said stupidly deciding to get on his last nerve. " Kace is going to come up here, and he's going to find me and he's also going to find you and kick your butt. And when he rightfully takes his place as alpha, everyone is going to rejoice with him because the wannabe got put in his place. "

" I'm question myself as to why I haven't ripped your head off yet," he commented calmly.

"I guess you just enjoy listening to the truth. "

He didn't say anything but slowly walked closer to me. At first I thought he was going to hit me or worse but he grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet.

" You're really annoying you know that?"

He's hand gripped my arm tighter as I felt his nails pierce my skin.

" You're hurting me you creep," I complained as he began to drag me through the door.

" Come here," he said roughly.

We were back in the long hall again and he dragged me along with him until we we back to the room he had put me in earlier when I woke up from my unconscious state. He hurled me inside the room with my hip hit the hard floor. He walked past me and to the storage cupboard at the corner of the room. As he fumbled to get the lock that was on it to open, I tried to get to my feet and make a run for it , but unfortunately for me he grabbed me again before I could. I beat him against his chest as he dragged me but as one would expect that did nothing at all. He then tossed me inside the cupboard and banged the door shut before I could even comprehend what was going on .

"Make a sound, and you're dead," I heard the sound of a key and lock as he spoke. Shortly after I heard the sound of footsteps walk away and the door bang.

For a second I didn't do anything but sat in the small dark space I was in. I couldn't hear anything that was going on outside anymore which made me realise that he probably chose the most isolated room to put me in. The intense darkness made it feel cold, cold enough that I ran my hands up and down my arms to help me feel not so alone. As the darkness got thicker I silently prayed that Kace would be on the winning end of all this. That he would find me and we'd put all of thing behind us . I personally was so tired of living in fear and uncertainty, I just wanted all this to be over. Which is probably why I had started to push harf against the cupboard door. I knew that it was locked and it would that alot to break through but I wasn't going to sit there and wait like a damsel in distressed.

I pushed again on the door and again and again until I felt my shoulder start to ache. But I went on doing it. At that point I was as sure I was bruised. I stopped for a while to massage my shoulder and in that moment I questioned myself is there was any sense to what I was doing. I was hungry and weak but I needed to survive somehow. Just as I was on the verge of giving up I heard the front door open again. I froze remaining completely silent in fear that it would be Zaynab.

"Sayd? Are you in here?" For the first time since I got here I felt my heart skip as hope filled it. I peeked through the keyhole anxiously and banged at the door again.