Chapter Fourty-Six

~Sayd~

My head was spinning and pounding when I opened my eyes. I tried to identify the room I was in but with my vision still blurry, I had no luck at all.

I looked around, it was large, and the dull-painted walls made it look dark. At the far end close to the long windows was a long desk with a chair. There was a long drawer at the side opposite where I was and a bookcase. It looked like a basic office, which made me wonder what I was doing here and where I was.

When I tried to get up, I noticed my legs were tied tightly to a wooden chair I was on. I began to panic as I attempted to get myself loose feeling the rope burn against my skin. Then memories of that happened came to me. My breathing quickened as I continued to struggle with the ropes.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a voice said behind me and Zaynab walked into the room slowly.

He leaned against the desk placing his pockets. I still tried to break free but with my head still spinning and I winced.

"What the hell is this? "

"You'd do well to remain still, that's not going to do you any good. "

"Did you -did you drug me?" I looked up at him and he shrugged. He turned around and opened a bottle of what looked like wine on the desk then poured it in a clear glass.

"I just gave you a little something to make you more cooperative. "

A little? I felt like I was going to throw up and my head was going to roll off. Considering I could remember everything that happened before me being here, I concluded I must have only been out for a few hours. I looked down at the foreign oversized hoodie and blue dress that was exposing my thighs.

" How come I'm wearing these clothes ?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

The corner of his mouth curved into a smile as he took a drink from his cup. " I don't think you want to know. "

"You creep!" I said feeling outraged. " If you dared to touch me I promise you once I'm free you'll be sorry. "

"Oh relax, if I wanted to defile you, I would have a long time ago. "

"Sick bastard," I spat and still tried to untie myself.

He chuckled and walked closer to me until he was standing in front of me. I looked up at him sullenly and he looked down at me studying my face.

"So you are supposed to be the Luna of this pack?" he crossed his arms and shook his head. " Pathetic."

Did he just say this pack?

"Where are we?"

"Forgive my manners, my dear, we're at the Cresent pack. "

Cresent pack? My eyes widened and I looked at the window but it was too dark.

"Why'd you bring me here?"

"I thought it was only fair for you to see what was supposed to be your home at least once," as he spoke he refilled the glass, " you know, before I execute you."

"If anyone's going to be executed, it's going to be you," I spat. " Bad guys never win," I added knowing I sounded like a hopeful little girl.

His mouth stretched into a smile again, this time exposing his perfect set of white teeth.

"Not in this story my dear. "

Before I could say anything else, there was a knock on the door and shortly after, it cracked open a little bit.

"Sir?" a female voice came through it. "Some men are waiting to speak to you outside. "

He didn't look at the person but nodded and waved her off.

"Be a good girl while I'm away, will you?" As he spoke he placed a hand on my shoulder pushing my hair back.

"Get your hand off me," I said with gritted teeth and yanked his hand away.

"You're a feisty one, aren't you?"

I didn't respond but watched him walk out of the room. I sat there in the silence of a dark room except for the light that was coming through the hallway. I silently hoped that Kace had discovered that I was missing and figured out where I was.

I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep on the chair until Zaynab came back into the room.

"Wakey wakey," he said kicking my leg with his right foot.

I was hoping that I'd wake up, this would all be a bad dream. Yet here I was looking at Zaynab standing in front of me again. He got down on one knee and I watched as his hands went around the chair.

"What are you doing?"I asked him.

" I thought I should give you something to eat," he united the rope and I felt the pressure ease around my legs.

He then began to untie the rope around my arms. As he did I noticed he was leaning in a little too close to me and I was only inches away from me. I followed his hands around the chair and when the ropes eased around my arms I turned to look at him again.

"Does that feel better," I felt his minty breath against my face.

When the ropes fell to the ground I swung my free hand and slapped him square in the face so hard I felt my palm ache. His head turned to the side and he stayed that way for a few seconds.

"I think I've been too nice to you, Sayd," he said turning his head and whipping his bottom lip.

By the hard tone in his voice, I could tell that I struck a nerve. I tried to get up from the chair but there was no room to move. His hand went around my arm as he forcefully picked me up.

"Come here," he said noticing my resistance.

"Where are taking me?" he dragged me from the room and into the hallway.

I whimpered as his hands dug into my skin knowing fully well that they would leave a mark. He didn't respond to my question about continued dragging me. There were three women in the hall dressed in the same brown dress, two of them carrying metal trays in their hands. They looked at me remorsefully as Zaynab continued to drag me along with him.

Eventually, we got to a large brown that he kicked open revealing a small empty room.

" Bring the food here," he commanded the three women and they came rushing towards us.

He tossed me into the room and I painfully landed on my side. I dragged myself from the floor and leaned against the wall as the woman placed the trays on the floor. When one of them noticed I was struggling to sit up she came over to my side.

"Don't touch her!," Zaynab yelled causing all four of us to jump. She hurriedly moved away from me and joined her fellows as they raced out of the room.

When they were out of sight Zaynab looked at me then at the tray with a glass filled with an orange liquid and a white-covered plate. I could smell the aroma of the food which made my stomach rumble considering that I hadn't had anything to eat in hours.

"I'm not eating this," I said pushing the food away. "For all I know, you're going to drug me again. "

"Fine then, starve to death, " He said casually, "It would be the best thing for the both of us anyway, you reek of Cohen."

He then slammed the door shut and I heard it lock. I was serious about not eating the food. I just hoped Kace would show up soon so that I didn't actually starve to death.

Vote, vote, vote 😉