Chapter Fourty-Eight

~Kace~

Tracking Sayd wasn't hard, I knew Zaynab hadn't masked her scent like he did he's on purpose. He wanted us to follow him. To follow him to the only place on the planet I knew he'd be.

"I'm still curious as to where you got a helicopter," Graham said. " Did you always have it?"

We were currently flying over the Cresent pack with Enzo piloting us. Even from as high up as we were I couldn't see where the extensive land ended. It was almost dusk which explained why there was a lack of people roaming the streets.

" It's really beautiful here," Sonny said as we were heading towards the house I hardly called home.

"You should see what goes on here," Timothy answered.

There was humor in his voice but I could tell that his was the last place he wanted to be. It carried memories that he wanted to push back and pain that he wished he didn't have to endure at such a tender age.

"I heard rumours about the Cresent pack being the largest one but I didn't think it was this enormous," Enzo commented. " You really have something here Alpha Cohen. "

"More than half of it is stolen anyway" I responded looking down through the window so I could have a better look at where we were. It didn't help that there was so much fog. I was completely relying on Sayd's scent to track her.

"I think we're here," Enzo said pointing somewhere through the fog. " I can pick up her scent too. "

When he said that I turned to look at him.

" Mind explaining to me why it seems you know Sayd's scent as much as I do?"

Normally it took a few days of constantly being around someone to be able to distinguish their scent from others. That was because most people mixed scents with other people they hung around with.

"I don't think you're exaggerating here Alpha Cohen. "

"Oh yeah?" I looked at him suspiciously. " Care to explain why I could pick up your scent off of her a few weeks ago. "

He wanted to say something but then he hesitated.

"Are you guys seriously doing this right now?" Mera raised her voice from the back.

I almost forgot that she was with us. She along with Bailey had been silent the whole time, I assumed they were worried about their friend. I was worried too, she had been gone for over twenty-four hours now. Timothy had tried to convince Mera to stay behind, but even he knew she wouldn't agree to that.

" I admit I hung out with her once, " Enzo confessed. " It was all friendly."

I decided not to interrogate him further because I considered there were more important things to worry about. Enzo was an unmated alpha. I knew his intentions for hanging out with Sayd were not completely innocent. He was somehow interested in her, but I would deal with him later.

"We're here," Timothy said pointing at a large estate with multiple storeys and rooms that became visible from where we were.

As we landed I could already see how different it looked. The landscape that was once covered with greenery and the colourful gardens that my mother invested in were now gone. It looked abandoned. The bright paint that was on the walls was all washed away, leaving the bronze colour of bricks behind and giving it the appearance of a haunted house.

"Well, this sure fits in the scenery fits well with the reason we are here," Reid commented.

The mood in the helicopter had changed as we all prepared ourselves for what was going to follow. This is where it would all end. When the helicopter touched the ground Reid was the first to get up from his seat.