Chapter Fifty

~Sayd~

The door that we went through led directly to the back of the estate. From a distance, I could hear the ongoing battle but before I consider checking what was going on, I had to make sure everyone was safe.

" What's your name ma'am?" I asked the lady we met in the kitchen. I looked around for a place she could hide or at least the gate so she could escape and thankfully, I spotted a tool shed at one corner of the fence. If anything was to go wrong, I was sure no one would find her there.

" Anna."

"Anna, I want you to know you've been very brave for leading us out here."

"Thank you Luna."

"Now, I need you to go and hide in that tool shed over there," I pointed in that direction, " and don't leave until I come to get you, okay?"

She looked to where I was pointing and nodded. When she went to hide I looked over at Mera and Natasha who seemed to now get some strength back.

"What do we do now?" Mera asked.

"We have to look for another way out," I said and she nodded. " We can't leave Anna and her kids here and Natasha still isn't at a hundred per cent."

Before we could make any other move, glass suddenly came shattering down from the last floor of the house. We protected our eyes with our arms and moved away quickly from chaos. Before I could fully comprehend what was happening there were two large wolves on the ground amidst the broken glass.

When I took a closer look, I realised that one of them was Kace and Zaynab both in their wolf forms. In no time at all the other wolves appeared at the scenery and my first instinct was to run for dear life but they were too many to get past. The unfortunate part was I couldn't tell who was who because I hadn't seen any of them in their wolf form before.

" Don't worry," Natasha said to me noticing I was tense. " No one will attack you."

At that point, I didn't have a choice whether to believe her or not.

"This is a battle of alphas," she said.

"Meaning?" I asked her.

"Meaning no one interferes, we watch until we have a dominant alpha. "

I looked at Kace and Zaynab who were now growling and circling each other. A fierce battle was about to unfold between the two majestic wolves, each fighting for dominance over the territory they call home. The atmosphere immediately changed and was filled with tension as every one of us watching seemed to hold our breaths, silently hoping and praying.

Zaynab made the first attack and went leaping in Kace's direction and I held my breath as Kace counter-attacked, his muscles rippling beneath his fur, a testament to his strength and experience in combat. In his eyes was an intense determination, a resolve to challenge and a clear sign that he was not going to back down. The two wolves circled each other again under their breath emitting low growls, exposing their fangs and their claws digging into the ground.

As the tension reaches its climax, this time Kace lunged first, with his claws protruding towards Zaynab's direction. Zaynab anticipating the attack tried to counter it with a swift wipe of his claws but unfortunately for him, he was caught in Kace's grip first as some of his fur ripped from his jaw. A sharp yelp escaped from him as Kace went on to bite to the shoulder, teeth sinking into fur and flesh.

Everything seemed to be going perfectly as the battle raged on and as the two battled for dominance and survival. That was until Kace unexpectedly buckled on one knee almost falling to the ground. It seemed I wasn't the only one alarmed by this as the other wolves started to look at each other wondering what was happening. He didn't seem hurt at all but he struggled to get up as his legs wobbled I'm the process.