Chapter Three

~Kace~

I made it my mission to ignore her from the moment I knew she was destined to be my mate. Sometimes it wasn't as easy because I could smell her everywhere. She was as intoxicating as the vanilla and amber scents that radiated from her. In the beginning, it was torturous then I got used to acting like she didn't exist and that's how I intended it to be.

" What the heck was that?" Reid asked as I was walking towards him outside the class.

" What was what?" I asked him back.

"You can be a real asshole sometimes."

"Let's just go," I said trying to change the subject.

By midday, all of my other classes were done. I met with Sonny and Graham in the hallway that led to the parking lot. Graham was handing out flyers and he handed me one too.

"What's this about?" I asked him as I began to read through it.

"A fundraiser party. "

"How will you raise the funds exactly?" Reid asked, "Sell lemonade?"

"No, asshole, there will be an entry charge, but it will be just as reckless as a normal varsity party except this one is for a good cause."

"You got me at reckless."

"Whatever makes you show up."

I stuffed the flyer in my bag pack and we began to walk out the hallway and to my car. Shortly after we met up with Sonny who was also handing out flyers. Before I could open my car door I felt a pair of arms wrap up behind me.

" Hey, where have you been?" I easily recognised the person by her voice, " I missed you."

"I was in class, just like you should be. "

She was taken aback by her response making her drop her arms. My decision not to have a mate didn't mean I never got involved with people. I met Natasha about a year ago the guys and I went out for a drink. I was feeling low about something, that I didn't quite remember anymore, and ended up telling her my entire story. A few drinks later she was waking up in my room next to me.

We continued to see each other after that. Our relationship was mostly physical but after a few months, I could feel that I wasn't completely happy and instead of leading her on, I decided to call things off. It also didn't help that I found out she was seeing another guy while we were together.

I turned around and let out a breath knowing exactly where this was going. " How may I help you today, Natasha?"

She looked at me flirtatiously. " I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. "

She ran her finger slowly from my chest down to my abs and before she could go any further I grabbed her arm making her eyes widen a little. "Natasha, for the hundredth time, there's nothing between us anymore. "

She looked at me again still with a flirtatious look on her face. "

I could tell she was irritated by what she said when she looked at me grimly.

"Are you still in love with that human bitch?"

"Okay Natasha, " Reid stepped in between us before I could react, " you've said enough for today, don't you think?"

"Whatever, " she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Ried then tapped me on my shoulder."Forget her, let's go."

From the time we broke up, she had always tried to get to me one way or another and one way in which she did it was to always bring up how Sayd and I would never happen. Which I was okay with.