Chapter Fourty

~Kace~

" Hey, back already?" Sonny asked when I walked inside the house.

" Yeah, I didn't plan on staying long anyway," I said throwing my car keys on the coffee table.

" Okay, and is everything alright?"

" I guess. "

At least that's what she told me. I had just come back from Sayd's house and I knew for a fact something was wrong. The last thing I wanted was for her to feel overwhelmed by all this. I didn't regret having her as my mate I just hoped she wouldn't reach a point where she regretted me. There was a lot of the line for her that she was afraid of potentially losing. But that's where I come in to make sure she doesn't. Even if it's the last thing I did.

"Then why couldn't you reach her cell? "

" She said she misplaced her phone, " Still sounded like bull but anyway. " I'll probably arrange to get her a new one if she still can't find it. "

" Okay man," he said. " I'm glad everything is all good then.

" Yeah, me too. "

Sonny and I continued talking and Graham came downstairs and joined us. After a while, we heard a loud knock on the door.

" Are you guys expecting someone?" I asked Sonny and Graham.

"Nope," Sonny answered.

" It's probably the takeout I ordered," Graham said getting up from the couch.

" You ordered takeout at ten in the morning?" Sonny asked him.

" I get really busy lately, sometimes I hardly have a decent meal."

He got up from his seat and walked to the door. Minutes later he walked back inside empty-handed.

" Did the delivery guy forget to bring your takeout?"

" No," he answered. " Actually, it was for you. "

When he said that Natasha walked into the room behind him. Sonny and I looked at each other and then back at her.

" Natasha?" I was not expecting to see her here. The last time she was at my house was when we were involved with each other. But since we called it quits she hadn't shown up since.

"Please have a seat, Natasha," Graham said to her.

" No thank you Beta, " she said to Graham. " I'm not staying long. "

She looked from Graham to Sonny then she held my stare and her mouth curved into a smile.

" Hi, Kace."

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but ask.

" I come in peace, I promise. I just want to talk. "

" Talk?"

The last time I heard of her was when she confronted Sayd so it was hard for me to believe her presence here was peaceful. On the other hand, she looked decent, she was dressed in a long orange wrap dress that covered her feet which was different from the usual edgy and revealing clothing style.

She was a fairly attractive woman and her looks made it possible to draw any man's attention. Which is probably why she caught mine when I first met her. Usually, I could easily resist any woman if I wanted to no matter how beautiful they were. It was obvious she took a liking to me and I didn't mind having someone around to keep me company so I went for her.

" What do you want to talk about that's so important you had to come here?"

" Can we please talk in private?" she asked pleadingly.