Chapter Thirty- Four

~Sayd~

I woke up the next morning with Kace's arms wrapped around me and my back against his chest. I always woke up at the same time every day with or without an alarm so I knew exactly what time it was. I gently turned myself on the bed as I did his hands slipped off me and I couldn't help but stare at him because of how peaceful he looked. Deciding not to wake him I slowly crawled out of the bed and thankfully he didn't hear me.

I tried to find my flip-flops on the floor and when I did, I tiptoed out of his room and closed the door quietly. I walked to my room and decided on taking a shower before having breakfast. As I did, Kace seemed to be the only person about. I thought about how he told me he was crazy about me and how he confirmed I was his mate. As I was combing through my curls I found myself smiling at the thought of the night I had with him and once again I was acting like a love-struck teenager. I did my hair in a high ponytail and wore my usual combination of sweatpants and a large t-shirt.

I made my way downstairs and found Mera sitting on the kitchen island with a cup of coffee in her hands.

" Good morning," I said walking past her and to the cup drawer.

She didn't respond to my greeting but rotated her chair and looked at me suspiciously

"Where were you last night? " she asked me narrowing get eyes at me.

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what she was talking about but I decided on playing her game.

"Well you weren't in your room and you didn't come down for dinner. "

"How did you know I wasn't in my room?" I asked her adding all the ingredients to my cup and made another in case Kace got up anytime soon.

"You left your phone in the living room, and when I wanted to take it to your room for you, you weren't there. "

" Okay, I -"

"You spent the night with Kace didn't you?" she smiled mischievously.

" Yes," I responded satisfying her curiosity.

" Oh my gosh," she said and spun in her seat with her hands in the air. " Look who just became a naughty girl. "

" No, no," I shook my head. " Nothing happened okay? "

" Come on, you can tell me anything, I'm your best friend," her mouth spread out in the widest smile ever.

" And I am telling you everything, nothing happened," I poured hot water into my cup and took a sip. " We were just talking and it was late and I just fell asleep there. "

"Oh come on Sayd," She rolled her eye. I know you like Kace, just tell me, did your flower blossom?"

"Good morning ladies."

Both Mera and I turned our heads to see Kace standing at the entrance of the kitchen. My face turned red wondering if he heard Mera and the smirk forming on his face confirmed that he did.

"Good morning Alpha Cohen," Mera said sounding playful.

" Just Kace to you Mera," he said and walked into the kitchen

"Can I make you some coffee?" I asked him when he stood next to me.

" Is it possible if I can have it to go?"

"Why? Are you going somewhere?"

" Well, I have to go back home, the guys and I agreed to meet there today and discuss some stuff. "

He looked a hundred times better today, the colour was back in his face and he looked brighter and happier. I secretly hoped I had something to do with it.