05 - Caught

Jennifer's POV

Before mine and Alex' kids get back from their parents, we invited Angelo and Leah over for dinner.

Leah and I are currently talking in the kitchen while the boys are watching football, discussing some.. I don't know to be honest. Something.

„Has it gotten better?", I ask Leah, knowing our husbands can't hear us right now.
Leah looks down.
„So it hasn't.", I state.
„I thought about making a move. But I'm not.. I don't even want to try anymore. I guess that's it. We're over."

I grab her hand on the table.
„I'm so sorry."
„I love him, you know? I don't want to leave him. But I'm so miserable, Jenn. I'm so miserable.", she says and her voice is becoming more of a whisper while it's trembling.

I get up and hug her. I hate seeing her so hurt.
I comfort her until she feels better, then suggest that we join the boys in the living room.

Leah and Alex start talking, so I take the chance to talk to Angelo. I walk over to him, stand beside him while looking at Leah and nudge his arm.
„Look at her.", I say and nod into Leah's direction. He looks at me, then at Leah.

„Why, what is it?", he asks and looks back at me.
„She's gorgeous, don't you think?", I say and keep looking at her.
Angelo shrugs his shoulders. „Sure, she is."
„And she's sexy. Isn't she sexy?"
„What's this about, Jennifer?", he says and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

„Leah's one of a kind. I mean if I had her, I'd give her the world. Anything she wants and more, because she deserves nothing less. Don't you think?"

„Sure..?", he says confused and frowns at me.

„I thought so. I could never risk loosing her. You don't wanna loose her, do you?"

„No...? Jennifer, why are you saying all of those things?"
I sigh and roll my eyes. Men. They don't even understand if you rub it right under their nose.

„Angelo, Leah's my best friend. I know what's up and I know she's miserable. Do something for fucks sake.", I walk away because I am actually mad at him for making her feel unsure and unwanted and what not.

I walk into the kitchen, put my glass down and both of my hands on the counter. I let my head sink and breathe deeply a few times.

Will Angelo tell her about our conversation? What if she gets mad at me? „Fuck.", I whisper to myself. This is giving me a headache.

A little while later they leave and I act like everything is perfectly fine between me and Angelo.

-

Two days later Marc brings back the kids.
„Hi you two!", I greet them as they enter and we hug.
„Hi momma.", Emme says and I ruffle her curly hair. „Stop!", she complains to me.
„Hi mom.", Max says as he kindly looks up from his phone to look into my eyes.
„Hi papa.", I kiss him on top of his head and he goes back to looking at his phone while he's walking upstairs. Emme follows.

„Bye!", Marc yells after them.
„Bye dad!", they both shout back.

Marc shrugs his shoulders.
„How was it?", I ask.
„Fun but.. they're throwing much of an attitude lately, do they?"
„Right.", I chuckle. „Wanna come in?"
„Sure."

He gets inside and I get him some water.
„Thanks.", he says and takes a sip. „Is Alex home?"
„Marc...", I say and raise my brows at him.
„Is he?"
I chuckle softly and take a sip from my glass too, then I put it down. „He's not.", I say and look up to him.
He's at some meeting or the gym, I'm not really sure. And I'm not sure when he's going to be back.