32 - Help

Leah's POV

I open the door for her. She didn't ring and texted me instead.

„Hi.", she whispers and hugs me tight.
„Hi.", I whisper back and inhale her scent.

„Come in.", I say and lead her to my office, since there's a couch there as well, but if Sophia or Angelo would wake up and come down, we wouldn't be interrupted.

I already made sure there's water there for us to drink.

We sit next to each other and turn to face each other.

„What's wrong?", she asks with a worried look on her face and takes my hands into her's.

I look down and smile, that feels nice.
„Leah?"
I sigh.

„Okay... When Angelo and I were apart, I.. I met someone." It's a lie but I need to tell her something.

„Oh?", she says surprised.

„Well not actually met.. we're somewhat friends. But then we had sex once.. Which was incredible.", I say reminiscing the sex we had. Words just flow out of me and I can't help it.

She raises her brows.
„You never said anything..."
„I know.. it didn't mean a thing at first. And then I got back with Angelo and I pushed aside that I..."
„Yeah?", she asks softly.

„I...", I stutter.
„You fell for him?"
I nod and realize that tears are shooting into my eyes.

„Baby...", she says softly and pulls me into her arms. I let the tears flow and cry while she holds me and rubs my back. It feels good to be held by her, I wish we could stay like that forever.
„Shh, it's okay.", she speaks softly to me and caresses my head as well.

She breaks the hug and wipes the tears out of my face with her thumbs.

„There's more...", I say.
She pulls the corners of her mouth down, looking sorry.
„I wanted to tell him about my feelings but now.. now he's with someone. And I...", I inhale deeply and try to hold back my tears. „I just don't know how to... I thought it would go away but it just doesn't..." My voice trembles, then cracks and tears start flowing again.

She pulls me into her arms again and I bury my face into her neck. My forehead and my nose lean on the warm skin of her neck, while her head rests slightly on mine. My skin feels tingly where it meets hers and there's a flutter inside my stomach. My tears drop on her skin as she gently rocks me. It hurts to be this close to her while at the same time I feel like I don't ever wanna leave.

I feel her lips on my hairline. She's placing a soft and long kiss there.

„What about Angelo? Do you love him?", she asks after.
I nod slowly. It's true, I do love him.
„And what about the other guy? Is it.. are you in love or do you love him?"

„I love him.", I whisper.
„Leah... oh Leah.", she softly says and rocks me a little more.

„I don't know what to do.", I whimper.
She squeezes me tight.

Jennifer moves and changes her position, then she guides my head on her lap. I'm lying down on my side and she caresses my head softly while I sob.

„Whatever it is.. whatever you wanna do.. I'm here for you.", she says. I nod again, place my hand on her thigh and squeeze it gently.

She's the best friend anyone could ever wish for. If only I wouldn't have been so stupid to fall in love with her.

I'm still crying when she starts humming „sweet caroline" slowly. Her mom sang that to her as a child and I know she sang it to her kids when they needed comfort. I can't help but to smile and soon my tears dry and I feel like I'm drowning in her voice. I feel calm and safe, like all of the problems are gone and the outside world doesn't exist. It's me and her. In this room. And nothing else matters.