17 - Safe

Leah's POV

I'm already sitting at the table I booked for us, waiting for Jennifer.

15 minutes late, she finally comes in. She's wearing a white flowing, ankle-length skirt with a white crop top, showing off her abs. Her hair is in a high bun and she's wearing flat sandals. She looks stunning, as always.

„Hi baby!", she says. She looks happy, she's glowing more than usually and her aura is radiating.
„Hey gorgeous, look at you!" I get up and we hug, then she sits across from me.

„You look so happy!", I say astonished.
„I am happy." She smiles bright at me.
„Is there a reason?"
„No, I just feel very happy right now.", she replies and smiles again.

We order our food and when the waiter is out of sight again, I decide to cut on the divorce topic.
„I thought about Angelo and me.. things didn't got any better and I'm just fed up. I'm done, Jenn, I can't do this anymore..."
I don't cry. I've carried this for so long and the situation is so straining, that I don't even feel like I can cry anymore.

„So you're saying?", she asks and puts one hand on top of mine on the table.

„I'm saying I want to divorce Angelo."
„If that's what you want, I'll be there for you.", she says and squeezes my hand.
„Thank you.", I squeeze her back.

„If you want my lawyers mobile or something, I can give it to you.. He's got the best out for me..", Jenn suggests. „And if you need anything else..."
„Thanks. I'll get back to that, since you're experienced in that field.", I joke.

She openes her mouth, pretending to be shocked.
„You! I take that back, you don't get nothing!", she says but she's laughing.

The waiter brings our food and we start to eat.
„How come you've made the decision?", Jenn asks me.
I take a sip from my glass of water and swallow.
„Mh.. Actually.. you."
„Me?"
„Yeah. Our night together.."
Jennifer was just about to put food in her mouth, but she stops the fork right in front of her slightly parted lips.
She puts her fork down and frowns.

„Before you say anything, let me explain.", I say. „You just showed me how much I missed being loved, feeling wanted and appreciated. And it's undeniable that it was amazing.", I say the last words with a slight chuckle.

Jennifer giggles. „That's true."
„And I started to miss that feeling even more, after we had sex, you know."
„I see. Oh Leah.. I'm really sorry it's that way."

„It's okay.. I'm carrying this for so long now and I feel ready for.. a new beginning.", I smile at her, then I sigh.
„You're not sad? I mean I'm happy if you're not, but this is.. it's huge."
„I know... But I feel alright."
„When are you going to tell him?"
„I'm not sure.. I'll see when the time is right. Maybe when Sophia isn't home.."
„Mhmh.."

Talking to her really helps and feels good.

„What about you? Is there anything new with Ben? Or... Marc?", I ask.
Jennifer narrows her brows. „Marc? Trust me, there's nothing new with Marc."
„No. I mean what about the whole situation? Dating Ben, fucking Marc."
„It sounds awful when you say it like that.", she replies. Then she sighs. „Nothing has changed. I've told Ben I need to think."

„And how's that going?", I ask.
Jennifer let's her fork fall into her plate while she's still holding it. It makes a clacking noise. She shakes her head slightly and rolls her eyes.
„Can we drop the topic, please?"

„Okay I'm sorry.", I say.
„Thank you.", she sighs and smiles at me.

We eat in silence until she breaks it and we talk about more random stuff.