25 - Oscar Night

Jennifer's POV

It's Oscar night. I am wearing a golden dress with a beautiful train and a low cutout down the chest.
Ben's here too, but since we're not out yet, we're going separately.

I'm getting up to use the restroom and walk past him. I try not to smile too obviously, but still I smile. He gets up and stops me. What is he doing? My heart jumps a little.

Ben leans in to whisper in my ear.
„I'm going to rip that dress off your body later.", he whispers.
I try not to show how I feel. Ben has a rascal smile plastered all over his face. I laugh and playfully smack his arm, then I proceed to walk and shake my head a little.

We wanted to leave the afterparty early, and I'd sleep over at his house.

I can't believe he risked that, he knows everyone will tear their mouths apart about our little encounter.

-

We're at the aftershow party and I'm talking to Benny and Meryl Streep while I always got my eyes on Ben, who's talking to Matt and Ana, his ex.

I'm not a super jealous person, but I don't like the fact that she doesn't know I'm with him and she's constantly touching his arm while they talk.

She's throwing her head back, laughing at something Ben said, then she puts her palm on his chest. I squint my eyes. Ben takes her wrist into his hand and gets it off his chest as he keeps on talking. I look down and smile softly.
He knows.

Half and hour later I don't see Ben anymore. I look at my watch and am happy to see that I'll only have to stay 20 minutes more.

I'm leaving Benny to use the restroom.
Walking inside, I see Ana.

She's facing me, her back's against the wall, but most of her body is covered by a tall, dark-haired man in a classic black tuxedo.
I open my mouth in shock and turn around.

„I'm sorry!", I hear Ana yell after me.
Was that.. Ben? I narrow my brows and try to think.
Can't be, right? He would never.

I look down while walking and bump into someone. I'm grabbed by my shoulders and look up. It's Ben.

„Oh god.", I say relived. „I thought you were..." I wish I could hug him, but I can't.
„What?", he asks and let's go of my arms.
„Nothing.", I smile. „Can we leave now, please?"
„Okay, give me 5 minutes."

I nod and we separate. I breathe in deeply. Oh god.

-

I drive up to Ben's house and I can't wait to take him into my arms. For a split second I thought I caught him with Ana, and the shock is still deep, although I perfectly know it didn't happen and my mind was playing tricks on me.

I get out of my car, Ben's already standing at the front door. He walks to my side, takes my hand and escorts me inside. He's already taken off his dress jacket. As soon as the door falls into lock behind us, I crash into his arms and sigh audibly.

Ben puts his hand on my head. „What happened?", he asks.
„Just a minute.", I mumble and hold him tight. My arms are wrapped around his torso and I enjoy being so close to him.

„You said you wanted to rip that dress off me.", I say in a seductive voice.
„I did."
„Please don't. You can't rip a dress that beautiful."
Ben laughs and leans back to look at me.
„Then I'll take it off carefully.", he smiles softly. „Will you tell me what bothered you earlier?"

„That can wait.", I say and start to unbutton his shirt.

Our bodies want to devour one another but we're able to hold back. We're soft and loving and that's exactly what I need right now. As if he knows.

„You're perfect.", I whisper to him as I'm pinned down on the couch by his weight and he buries his face in my neck. His kisses spark warm little flames on my skin while my arms surround his torso, pulling him closer to me. A soft whimper breaks from my throat.

-

We're on the couch still, our fingers intertwined. The back of his free hand softly grazes over my cheek.
„What spooked you earlier? Will you tell me now?", he asks.

I take a deep breath. I don't want him to think that I thought he was cheating.
„It was nothing.", I lie.
„It wasn't nothing, I saw your face baby."

I let my forehead plop on his bare chest. He runs his fingertips up the nape of my neck and softly fondles with my hair.

„Don't be mad at me, please?", I mutter against his chest and frown.
„How could I be mad at you.", he asks with amusement in his voice.

I smile and place a soft kiss on his chest while he gently digs his nails into my neck and exhales.

Then I put my chin on his chest to see his face.

„I walked inside the bathroom and I saw Ana with some guy.. and from behind... he looked a lot like you."
„So you thought it was me?"

„Ana was all over you tonight and when I left the bathroom she yelled that she's sorry. What was I suppose to think?"
„You could've thought: ‚No, Ben would never do that to me. I trust him, he won't ever cheat on me.' .. Because baby... I never would. Never ever. If I'd do that, I'd be stupid. And I'm not stupid. I mean look at you. Look at how amazing you are. Wouldn't I be the dumbest person on earth to do anything that would make me lose you. It definitely would.", Ben keeps on going, he's kinda mocking me, but he's also serious with what he says.

I chuckle softly. „Are you done yet?"
He smiles and nods.

„Good.", I say, place my palm on his cheek and lift my face up to his. We kiss. I make our tongues meet and they dance in insatiability.