07 - A Party

Leah's POV

Me and Sofia leave after breakfast. Honestly I don't wanna go home. I wish I could've stayed longer. Coming home just throws me back to reality and right now, I hate reality. Reality means I'm on the verge of a divorce I don't wanna have.

I want the closeness, Jennifer and I have, back in my relationship with Angelo. It's neither normal nor healthy, that I am touched more by her than by him lately. Or even: more turned on by her when she did that little „fuck me papi" thing that got me all butter.

„Hi babe.", Angelo says and quickly pecks my cheek as he walks past me. And that's basically all I can expect to get.

I decide to text Jenn. I'm invited to a party and I'd rather take her than Angelo, who isn't eager to go anyway.

„Hi baby, be my plus one at a party I'm invited to next friday 🎉 . I really need to cut loose."

„I'm in baby 😘"

I can rely on her to be there for me.

-

It's Friday and I'm trying to decide for an outfit.
Jennifer calls and I pick up.

„Baby, casual or dressed up?", she asks immediately.
„Mhh, dressed up, just not too.. a sexy dress or something like that'll do, nothing too over the top. It's a friends house warming. They're fancy though."
She laughs. „Okay I'll find something."

„I'll pick you up in an hour?", I ask.
„Perfect."

Half an hour later I'm ready and check my reflection one last time. My hair is wavy and I'm wearing a black dress that stops at my knees and shows some cleavage. I paired that with black Louboutains and a heavy smokey eye with red lips.
I walk outside and the driving service I ordered from the company I work with is already there.

Another thirty minutes later I'm at Jennifer's house and wait in the car for her. She walks out and I'm glad I'm already sitting down.

She wears a pink pencil skirt that stops under her knees and a matching pink very cropped top along with black heels. Her hair is in a straight high bun. Her abs are showing and her makeup is soft and nude colored. She looks stunning.

„Hii.", she says and gets inside the car.
„Holy shit Jennifer!", I exclaim and she giggles.
„You look gorgeous too!!", she says and kisses my cheek.
We drive off and we don't really talk much, since the driver could hear and we don't want that, so we just snap a few selfies.

I told no one Jennifer's coming, because I don't want everybody to go crazy beforehand. It's enough when they do when she's there.

And just like I thought, all eyes are on her when we enter. Luckily people here know how to behave and leave us, except for snapping a photo here and there.

We talk and she tells me about how her and Marc have seen each other three times since I slept over and how good he is et cetera et cetera.
„Sorry.", she says seeing my face. „I'm being insensitive."
„No it's okay. I want you to tell me everything that's happening in your life. Don't hold back because I'm miserable."

„A drink, ladies?", a waiter asks as he holds up a tray with different kind of drinks up.
There's champagne, shots and whiskey.
„Alright.", I say, grab a shot and hand it to Jenn.
„No thanks. But you go ahead!"
I shrug my shoulders and empty the shot, then put it back on the tray while Jennifer grabs a glass of champagne.

The waiter wants to leave.
„Ah.. no no no, you stay.", I tell him and grab myself another shot.
„Leah..", Jennifer raises her brows.
I empty that one too, then grab a glass of champagne.

The waiter is in his twenty's and he's smiling at me. He's really pretty.
„What's your name?", I ask him.
„Jason.", he replies.
„Okay Jason, make sure you stop by every now and then and bring me a shot, alright?", I say and wink at him.
„Sure, Miss.", he smiles a pretty smile and leaves.

Jennifer laughs. „He's pretty.", she eyes him up and down as he walks away, then she smirks at me.
„Don't even!", I say. „You know I can't fuck strangers."
„Why not? It's exciting."
„I don't know, I need to have a connection of some sort."
„Oh, you'll have one.", she says and looks at my crotch.

„Jennifer!", I exclaim and laugh.
She shrugs her shoulders.
„If you don't...I might..."
„You wouldn't dare. What if he talks."
„Oh, as if anyone would believe him."

She has a point. As if Jennifer Lopez would randomly have sex with some waiter at a house party.

„You're insatiable.", I say.
„Maybe I am."

Jason comes back around with a smirk on his face.
„Ladies.", he says and holds up the tray.
Jennifer holds her glass to her lips and slowly takes a sip, not taking her eyes off him as he glances back at her. I shake my head and take another shot.

Jennifer bites her lip and makes a come-here movement with her index finger. I can't believe her but I also can't take my eyes off of her.

Jason leans forward and she whispers in his ear while she's looking into my eyes with a smirk on her face. Her lips almost touch his ear. If she's saying what she said to me on her couch... oh my god. My heart starts beating faster. Jason nods and stands straight again. Jennifer smiles and giggles softly, then Jason walks away.

„What did you say to him??", I ask.
„Nothing.", she says in a playful voice.
„Jennifer!!"
She just laughs and I look for another waiter, because I need another shot.
„Let's walk.", I say to her.

„Okay wait.", she says and holds me back on my arm. I roll my eyes.
„I told him to wait for you in the bathroom."
„WHAT?", I almost shout and slap her arm hard.
„Ouch!!", she yells and rubs the spot I hit her.

„We need to leave!", I say.
„Oh Leah, come on, just go and have a little fun, he's in for it!"
„I won't and you're out of your mind!"
„Okay then.", she says and walks off.
„Where you going?", I yell after her.
„The bathroom!", she yells back without looking back at me.

I open my mouth in shock.
She comes back just 5 minutes later, meanwhile I drank three more shots and I'm starting to feel drunk.

„Uh, that.. was fast.", I say as she comes to me. „How was it, huh?"
„Relax, I didn't fuck him."
„You didn't?"
„No! Gosh, Leah! I told that poor thing you're not coming, so he doesn't wait there for hours."
„Oh."
„Yeah, he was pretty bummed. But we snapped a selfie and he was fine with it, then."
„Huh, it's pretty convenient to be you, is it?"
„I guess so.", she smiles.

I feel the alcohol hit me a little more.
„Heyy!", Jennifer yells out as the music is turned a little louder and Fat Joe's „Lean Back" blasts from the speakers.

Jennifer dances along and she begs me to dance with her. I join her, simply because I'm drunk enough to not give a shit.

Then „Work" by Rihanna is on and almost everybody is dancing by now. I see many people looking at Jenn, wishing they could dance with her, but she's all mine. She feels safe with me and she knows people won't come at her when we dance. She grinds on me and I'm here for it. Hit after hit blasts from the speakers and from time to time I take a shot while Jennifer and I dance along.

Then slow music is playing.
„Oh come onnn.", Jenn whines and plops down on the sofa. We sit and watch the others for a while.
„Wanna leave?", I ask her.
„Yeah.", she smiles.
„Hey, if you want to, sleep over, Angelo and Sofia are visiting his mom."
„Mh okay, sounds like fun, I'll just text the nanny and the kids."

I'm a little drunk, but not too badly. We get up and I almost fall to the side but Jennifer catches me.
„Whoop.", I say and giggle.
Jennifer wraps her arm around my waist and we walk out without saying goodbye.

On our way out I see two women looking at me, hushing words I could only get fragments of.
I hear Angelo's name and I also hear them say „not happy" and it's enough to hurt me.
„Don't listen.", Jennifer says as she hurries me outside.