29 - Official

Jennifer's POV

Now that the kids know and we've told our parents, we're ready to be official.

„So...", Ben walks into the living room where I'm at my phone, checking instagram. He puts a cup of tea on the coffee table for me.
„So?", I ask, not looking at him.

„Can I take you out tonight?"
I look up. He's standing next to me and smiles.
„So you wanna drop the bomb?", I ask with a sarcastic undertone.

He laughs and kneels down next to me. He places his arm on the my stomach and starts caressing my jawline with his fingertips.
„I wanna drop the bomb.", he chuckles.

„Let's do it.", I say and smile. I lean down to kiss him.
„Mh.", he moans and puts his hand on the back of my head to intensify the kiss.
Our tongues start to dance and he pulls me further down, until he grabs me and pulls me off the couch. I fall down on him and we both laugh. Then we look into each others eyes for a while, until we start kissing again.

We forget about the world around us. It's just him and I.

I'm on top of him and I ride him slowly. I look into his eyes while I take him in. His hands cover my breasts.

Even our breathing seems locked with each other. Soft moans escape mine and his mouth while I engulf him gently.

„Oh my god!", I hear Leah's voice and turn to the side. Luckily, she must only see me from my shoulders up, but it's perfectly clear what we're doing here.
I gasp sharply. „Leah!"

Her eyes widen and she turns around on the stairs and walks up again.

„Shit.", I say.

„She'll survive.", Ben says and moves his hips a little.
Then he pulls my upper body down on his, kisses me and we continue loving each other.

-

Before we go out to eat, I try to find Leah to apologize, but she's not in her room. She must've left when we were in the bathroom.

For the first time, Ben and I are leaving my house together, he is driving my car. He's wearing beige chinos white a light blue dress shirt, while I'm wearing a beige off-shoulder maxi dress, with blue flowers on it. His hand rests on my thigh while we're driving. We're both a little nervous. We know what's expecting us when we leave the restaurant later. Cameras flashing, a lot of yelling, the cover of magazines the next day. Maybe I should've posted it myself, maybe that would've been smarter. On the other hand, I don't think this would've caused less media attention anyway.

Ben parks the car, gets out and opens the door for me, as per usual. I take his hand and step out. We hold hands and because we're expected, we're guided to a table that seems a little more secure. It's outside and it's mostly covered by plants, standing around, blocking the view from the street.

We eat in peace and share amorous looks and kisses.
Ben pays and then it's time to leave.

„Are you ready?", he asks me.
I breathe in and out deeply.
„Yes.", I smile at him. He gets up and pulls at my hand so I get up and fall into his arms. They surround me firm and comfortable.

We both lean back and he kisses the tip of my nose.
„I can't wait for the world to know that you're mine again."
I chuckle softly and smile.
„Remember the last time? Remember how I got calls from highschool friends asking if I really slept with you?"

I laugh audibly. „I do.", I say and shake my head, still laughing.

„Do you think they'll call again? I mean I've got into your pants again almost two decades later, that's worth a call.", he jokes and I slap his chest playfully.

„Can I tell them how good you are? I'd love to brag about you." He's still making jokes.

„Okay stop.", I say still laughing.

„It's true. I could talk about how wonderful you are all day. Not only when we love each other.", he switches to a more serious tone.

„I love you.", I whisper and lean forward to kiss him.

We walk outside and Ben has his arm around my waist protectively. Like we expected, hell breaks loose as soon as we step outside.

Cameras flash blindingly, they're getting too close, they're yelling at us.

„Is Bennifer back together?"
„Jennifer, over here!"
„Are you taking a second chance?"

Bennifer. I haven't heard that in a long time and somehow, it makes me smile. I smile and wave my hand at the paps, while Ben pulls me a little closer to his side and waves his other arm to make some space for us. He guides me to my door and I get inside.
Then he walks around and gets in too. Cameras are still flashing like crazy.

He honks so they make way in front of the car, then we drive off.

„The secret's out.", he says and smiles at me, while we're leaving the paps behind us.

„I think we should make an instagram post. I mean I.. I should make one. Just to make it like.. official official. What do you think?"

„Sure.", he says and squeezes my thigh.

The next day we're all over the media. Tabloids, instagram, twitter, every newspage. It's like the 2000s resurrected.

I read so many nice things today and it feels healing to not be mocked but to be accepted and even... loved. That gives me the courage to make a post about us being back.

And that's well received too. „They love us.", I softly speak to Ben as we're laying in bed.
„That's nice for a change.", he turns his head towards me.

I put my phone away and snuggle into his chest while he starts caressing my head softly.

Leah's POV

He has his hands all over her and is whispering something into her neck while she softly giggles. We're on her patio and we all decided to sit outside and talk. I regret that decision by now and I ask myself, why I even agreed to it.

I don't wanna lose her, that's why.

„Papi, stop.", Jennifer says in such a sweet voice that it melts my heart while concurrently my stomach feels like it's cramping.

Ben is around here a lot these days and they're so happy. Which is almost annoying.

I love to see her happy I just... would rather see her happy with.. me.

„I think I'm tired, I'm off to bed.", I say and get up.

„Oh already?", Jenn pouts.
„Mhmh."

„Okay, sleep well."
„You too."
„Good night.", Ben says.

I walk inside and overhear Ben say: „I've been waiting for that all day.."
Jennifer giggles, then softly moans.
„So wet.", he whispers, but I can perfectly hear him. I walk faster and hold back my tears. Inside my room, I let them flow. I can't hold back anymore. It hurts but I let it out, sobbing into my cushion. I need to move out.