XXIII

Onika and beyonce was both at practice and both irritated as hell with it.

Battle of the bands is coming up, which means field show, which means hella stress.

Not only on the band but the dancers as well.

"Y'all gotta push. Yall  don't like when we work out but look how out of shape y'all is" the coach went on.

The girls wasn't out of shape but they wasn't in shape enough for her.

"Run it again" she said starting the video of the band playing over.

Nicki is currently dancing through the pain in her knee. Her coach hasn't noticed yet but she did notice that she is slacking off.

"Nicki you have to keep that tempo !" She yelled at her.

Nicki huffed trying her best but the pain was growing and it was getting harder.

She's not new to this though and she knows when it comes down to it you have to push.

They ended on the floor and when it was time to get up Nicki fell back down due to her knee giving out.

"Are you ok ?" Megan asked going up to her.

Nicki nodded not moving. The coach noticed and called her.

"Nicki come here" she said calling her over.

She took a deep breath then got up limping over to her. "what's wrong with your knee ?" She asked lowly.

"it hurts" Nicki mumbled.

"go to your sister so she can check you out" she told her and she nodded limping away.

"SLICK DO THE FUCKING SLANT MAN" the band director yelled at her.

Beyonce smacked her lips groaning lowly.

"bro i don't even know the fucking show man" she gritted lowly trying to stay calm.

She missed one day and missed wayy too much.

"THIS WHY YOU NEED TO BE AT PRACTICE ! NOBODY ELSE BET NOT MISS ANOTHER DAMN PRACTICE OR YOU'RE OUT MY FIELD SHOW !!"

Most the people in the band was tired of hearing him yell. Field shows are the worse to practice for because it's so much pressure to make sure it's perfect.

Beyonce let out a deep sigh trying to stay calm but she was getting pissed off.

"It's left spin then forward march before doing the slant"  DC told his friend able to tell she was heated.

"Alright man, thank you" beyonce said irritated.

When practice was over she dragged herself into the band room then she was called by the band director.

"Yea sir ?" She asked walking in his office.

"Can you still play the hell out of a trombone ?" The band director asked knowing beyonce is a very talented musician.

Percussion is her main but she can play everything. Literally.

"Yes sir" she nodded her head. It's been a little while since she played but she knows she still got the skill.

"I'm talking bout make that muthafucka sing type play" he said. "Yea" she nodded quickly.

"I really need you slick" he said pulling some papers from his drawer.

"Go get a extra trombone real quick" he told her and she nodded quickly leaving out.

"Aye slick come on so we can run through these cadences" chase said seeing her. "Hold on, he got me doing something right now"