XXIV

Beyonce sat on onika bed quietly practicing the parts on the horn without blowing it forreal.

Battle of the bands was soon.. Tomorrow type soon.

She knew she was ready but she wanted to show out tomorrow so she kept practicing.

She switched which horn she was going to play the song on and moved to baritone because she liked the part better.

Nicki was in the living room doing a girl from the school hair named crystal.

Beyonce would sometimes play a part out loud which had the girl confused on what she kept constantly hearing while Nicki just ignored it use to hearing some type of noise coming from bey.

The noise happened again and this time she questioned it.

"Nicki what is that ?" She asked looking at her while she thread the needle she was about to use.

"my child" Nicki mumbled not taking her attention off the task at hand.

Nicki often did feel like beyonce was basically her child. She loved the girl with everything in her though so she didn't mind one bit.

She don't know what it is, beyonce has had a hold on her since she first looked into her hazel eyes.

So she puts up with how she acts, like now. She's supposed to be playing quiet and keeps playing outloud but Nicki just ignores it. Anybody else would be fed up by now.

Beyonce huffed frustrated. "I can barley hear myself play" she complained lowly not wanting to be heard.

She wasn't upset that she had to play low, she was upset for the reason.

She didn't care that somebody else was here. How is it bothering them ?

She read over the music studying it while pressing the keys on the baritone.

"Mm" she hummed before licking her lips pressing it on the mouth piece. She didn't squeeze her lips so no sound came out the horn while she played the whole part without sound.

She wanted badly to play it out loud and sat down to have a debate on if she should go ask Nicki did she wanna hear her play

Nicki who was now sewing the tracks into the girl hair was in her zone.

She was moving quickly and carefully sewing it into the braids then when finished she tied a knot in the thread and placed the needle in her mouth grabbing some more tracks.

Soon she heard beyonce footsteps and quickly glanced up to make sure she had appropriate clothes on which she did. Just some pajama pants and a T shirt.

"What is it bb ?" Nicki asked looking back at what she was doing.

"I thought you said it was your child, slick ain't yo child" the girl said. "She my baby so same thing" Nicki mumbled not really paying neither of them much attention.

When beyonce kept quiet Nicki looked back up at her "Yes boo ? What is it ?"

"i just wanted to see if you wanted to hear me play this song" beyonce said lowly regretting her choice of coming out here and bothering her while she was clearly busy.

Crystal in the chair found herself smiling thinking that beyonce was the cutest thing ever.

"We have someone over pook, you can show me when she leave" Nicki said looking down at what she was doing.

"I won't take long" she added.

"I don't mind hearing her play.. I kinda want to" crystal said just as beyonce was about to start pouting.