XXXI

"Move boy. I don't want you" Nicki mugged a lightskinned boy that's been bothering her since she got in class.

"Man I don't care about all that" the boy waved her off. He was new to school and had all intentions on getting her since he saw her.

"What happened to you ?" He asked noticing she had one a brace and was using crutches.

"Sprained my knee dancing" Nicki said dryly.

"Oh you a dancer too ? Even better" he licked his lips looking her up and down

"I luh the dancers" he said earning a scoff.

"Well we don't love you."

The boy laughed at her response finding her funny but Onika found nothing funny. She was being dead serious

"What's your name ?" He asked causing Nicki to rolled her eyes.

"Beyonce girlfriend" she replied dryly.

"Beyonce ? That sound like a girl name" the boy scrunched his face.

"Cause it is. Duh" Nicki said in a duh tone.

"Mmcht. Man you running around with a girl ? You need to be with a real nigga" he said frowning at the fact she was dissing him for a female.

"And you need to get out my face" Nicki said holding her hand up to him.

"Ayeee beyonce, you got your hair done ?" Nas smiled sitting next to his associate in class.

Beyonce glanced over at him with a weird face. He never calls her beyonce

"I like it" he smiled never noticing how attractive the girl was until today. It was the same with all the boys, the ponytail didn't catch their eye but something about her hair being done made them realize she's very pretty.

"Thank you. My girlfriend did it" beyonce replied turning away from him.

"You go with that dancer Nicki right ?" Nas asked really trying to see if they were still together.

"Mhm" beyonce nodded not even glancing at him.

"Oh that's what's up" he said dryly. "Anyway I was thinking earlier and I really like that drumline shit you be doing, it's fun ?" He said in attempts to spark a conversation.

It worked seeing as this peeked beyonces interest. "Yes ! It's fun as hell" she smiled looking over at him.

"I mean they be tripping and shit but once you get past that and get to the games and stuff it's really fun. The whole experience is like a movie" she went on

Nas watched not focused on what she was saying but focused on her lips moving. He slightly bit his lips finding everything about the girl infront of him sexy.

'Why didn't I see this shit before ?' He asked himself.

"But yea. I would say you should give it a try but you play football" beyonce finished with a shrug having no idea everything she said got ignored.

"It sound fun, I wanna try. You think I'll be able to get in?.. I don't know how to drum though" he slightly frowned.

"You can get taught how to drum, that's nothing" beyonce scrunched her face shaking her head.

Nas smirked, that's exactly what he wanted her to say.

"How about you teach me. You can give me your number and we can get on the phone for some lessons" he suggested.

Beyonce who thought he was genuinely interested in being in the drumline smiled "Ok, give me your phone" she held her hand out.

Nas grabbed his phone giving it to her and watched with a smile as she put her number in. He looked back at his friend and his friend who was impressed gave him a nod.