4

"Good morning mom!" I say as I enter the living room .

"Good afternoon actually, but I'm glad you slept at least. I assume you came late last night. How was the party?" She asked as she placed her book on the coffee table.

"It was fun" I wasn't gonna tell her that I got drunk as fuck and I barely remember anything. "Where's April?" I asked, noticing how quiet the house was.

"She had a doctor appointment today. She's with your dad" It's not something unusual for them to be at the doctor so I just nod my head and go towards the kitchen to find something to eat.

I make myself a salad and enjoy it in silence. After some time, my mom comes in and pours herself a glass of water.

"Don't forget you said you'll help your aunt today"

"I can't forget such a thing. I'll go right after I finish my food"

And that's exactly what I did. Once I stepped outside of the house, I realised what I was actually doing. I was about to go back to his room for the first time after his death. It scared me a little, but I have to be strong, for my auntie.

When I finally arrive, I slowly press the doorbell just like I did so many times before. I hear a key being moved inside the door, then a smaller lady with green eyes opens it for me.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so grateful you came. I really needed some help." She allows me to enter then I'm taken by surprise when she gives me a tight hug. I don't hesitate to hug back and it kinda feels calming.

"How are you doing?" I ask her, trying to make some conversation.

"Not so good. I've been feeling lonely lately but I think I'll buy a pet. Those fishes I have in the living room don't seem too friendly" she said smiling.

She's always been a funny person and I think Noah was having that too. It's incredible how she's still able to make jokes.

"Maybe a dog could help" I suggest as I follow her upstairs.

"For sure. I don't see myself as a cat person"

When we finally reach Noah's room, she stops and looks me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for putting you through this. If you don't want to, you don't have to help, but I thought you might know better how this room looked before, since you hang out with him a lot. I can't stay in there too long without feeling like dying and it's some work to do" she confessed as she was looking me in the eyes.

"It's okay. That's why I'm here. But why is there work to do?"

"You better look yourself"

I twisted the door knob and pushed the door just enough to give it a glimpse. And I was shocked

"Who did that?" I asked her as I fully opened the door to properly look inside.

"The cops had to search for any kind of evidence. I don't know what they were looking for exactly, but they left a total mess"

His clothes were all over the floor and random papers were sitting on his bed. The carpet that used to be there was now gone and the things on his desk were representing chaos.

"I think it will take me a little more than I expected, but hopefully It'll be done today."  I assured her.

"Thank you very much Ava. You're an angel. I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Okay"

"And by the way, if you need any of his things, you can take it."

I heard the sound of her steps fading as she was going down the stairs. Let's begin I guess